I need a projector

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BMW ///M3, Aug 27, 2004.

1. BMW ///M3

BMW ///M3 back to back

I want one for my dorm room to watch tv, movies, ps2, pron, and hook up my computer to it so partypoker/ sports betting will be on a big ass wall Recomend me some ones for CHEAP. I don't want the best. Also any tips on how to hook it up and what accesories i might need (for tv). thnx

2. 04

04 Guest

It would be more helpfull if you specified a price range, but I'll reccomend the Infocus X1. You can get them for 900 dollars or less.

3. BMW ///M3

BMW ///M3 back to back

anything around 400. I dont mind buing used :hs:

4. On_One

On_One Guest

Spend the cash on the Nighthaw, it'll be worth it. :mamoru:

5. 04

04 Guest

I don't know of any new projectors that selll for only 400 dollars. You are almost certainly going to have to buy used. :hs:

Good luck :o

6. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

You could find one for that cheap, but you'll have to find one that has been used or refurb. Remember that the light bulbs for LCD/DLP/etc type of projectors might be $200-$400 by themselves. You might try some business auctions where they have a travel projector or a conference room projector they have already depreciated, and they might give it away for really cheap. Then you'll still need to buy a new bulb.... Find a couple of models that retail for $800-$900, then diligently search the net for a used one and you might get lucky.

Just some ideas. Good luck.

7. BMW ///M3

BMW ///M3 back to back

thanks guys.

This is EXACTLY want i want :hs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

$700 is about the lowest you are going to get something decent for in the LCD/DLP lineups, go see the X1 in person if it doesn't make you sick after watching for 15-30min thats what I would go with.

If it does make you sick I would say get the BenQ6100, thats what I'm getting rid of my X1 for.