I need a new sub me thinks...rubber surround is coming off the cone :eek3:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StealthMode, Jun 2, 2009.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I have a 10in JBL GTO sub, and the rubber surround is coming off of the cone, and well, it sounds like shit obviously. Sounds like the woofer is slapping inside. So I put a lil silicone adhesive in there to seal it up. :naughty: Obviously that isn't going to cut it....
    So I need a new sub, I'm thinking of going with a 12in, probably a shallow mount so I can make a fiberglass enclosure built into the side of my trunk. This was supposed to be my summer project, but now I have no sub. Any recommendations?
    I want sq over pure output. Nice clean deep bass..I listen to metal, techno, most genres of rock, no country, very little rap/hip-hop. My JBL was decent for what I need, but I want something a little better this time around.

Forgot my amp. Its JBL Grand Touring Series GTO75.4 Rear channel is bridged. So I need a dual 4ohm voice coil sub.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. StealthMode

Oh boy, do they come with some sweet neons? :eek5:

Seriously now....

3. avctechsupp

avctechsupp New Member

Digital Designs are great!

I used to have two 9515's (15") connected to a JBL BP1200 in a 14 cu.ft. ported box. Between the alternator, elec. system, sheet metal fasteners, and suspension, it pretty much ruined my SUV. But IT WAS LOUD! Is that what you're going for?

Point is, DD stuff is very good @ what it does, IMO...

4. StealthMode

I was looking at the Alpine TypeR 10in DVC, and I found them as low as $120 shipped new. Otherwise, I was looking at the Phoenix Gold RSd10D that has some good reviews. My amp is putting out 520watts RMS at 2ohm bridged.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  5. Gyromite

Gyromite OT Supporter

6. StealthMode

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Blackberry Storm: BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

How does it compare to the Alpine for output, deep clean bass?
    Edit: ie. Bass guitar, kick drum etc. In Flames is a good example. Some songs have very fast bass drum, white there are real heavy on deep clean bass. They're my fav bad :o Anyway, I want a sub that would compliment that style music with a small sealed enclosure with 520watts @ 2ohms RMS. That should clear things up. :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. StealthMode

Well, I ended up getting a 10in Kicker CVR from a buddy at work, and while its no ID10 in the sq department, it's definitely a step up from my JBL, and for $70 with the kicker box, I couldn't really pass it up. I like that it will play the deep notes louder, which was one of my complaints about my JBL, it would play low, but it had no volume.