SRS I need a new job.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DarkDruid, Nov 9, 2008.

1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

Right now I wait tables, and the money is good but I just don't want to do it anymore. The hours are irregular, I don't really hang out with anyone from work, it's kinda far from my house, and I don't like all the stress that comes with it. My problem is I don't know where to go from here. I am 19 years old and worked at Target (customer service, cashier, sales floor, photo lab, Starbucks, backroom, etc..) and have worked at Red Robin since April. I really don't know what I should do right now. Any suggestions guys? I am really good with anything computers, and hard working, pretty approachable. Idk where to go from here. :sadwavey:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why don't you look on Craigslist, the Want ads in the newspaper, and also the million websites like "monster, career builder," etc. for jobs. Do something instead of just sitting at the computer wondering what you could do.

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

In times like this you should feel lucky that you even have a job.

I know I do.

4. itsmevishal2k4

itsmevishal2k4 OT's Resident Brownie

i really like my job but the pay could be better. I am also great friends with all my co workers and it is also really close to my house. I do not know if i should find a new job or just stay with this one?

5. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

Like my issue is when I worked at Target I was only making 8.68 after 3 years (they only give raises once every year with a max raise of 30 cents). (I started at 7.50 though)

Working as a waiter I work about 15 hours a week (max) and bring in 30-60 a shift depending on how busy it is. I was in Target the other day and my old bosses saw me and said they would hire me on the spot but I told them I might get back to them. In all honesty I just want to have some extra money to pay off my car and save up. Right now I am making a little more than breaking even.

6. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Keep your job and find another one.

Its so hard to find a job right now that quitting one would be the least logical thing to do.