COMIC i need a new hobby...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by babygodzilla, Apr 2, 2007.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

everyday after work i come home and i dunno wat to do. i dont really watch TV anymore cause i cant stand the commercials. i work in front of a comp 9 hours a day so i kinda wanna stay away from comps... i like to play guitar but recently i just dont feel like playing... i need a new hobby or a project or something, so bored with my life... suggestions?

2. void

void oh yeah?

i like to cook and drink :hs:

xbox makes me happy sometimes, and i just started on 24 season 1 after never viewing a single episode.

since i started reading comics, i started reading books again too.

then my friends keep talking about this girlfriend business...might be a trap so i'll have to research further

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

haha... i just got out of a relationship :wtc: im not looking to having another one anytime soon, even tho its kinda lonely...

maybe ill pick up a novel, i do like to read. new and last Potter coming out June. anything else you would suggest to try in the meantime? maybe something in fantasy, or history-based.

and i've been watching 24 religiously for 5 years. i just kinda stopped this season. i havent seen the last 4 eps and i dont even care much. nothing surprises me anymore in the show... too bad...

edit: u noe i wish i could cook. but i just cant stand dealin with raw meat.. haha

4. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

Hmm, fantasy based. I'd suggest gaming but you want to stay away from computers. Maybe try some console based games.

I don't know, do ya like cars? They're a fantastic time sink.

As was suggested, reading is fantastic. There's a thread in the OT reading/books forum (can't remember the name of it) titled What you're reading right now or something to that effect, it's been on going for a year or more, check it out. Some good fantasy/history based reading suggestions in there.

Interest in hobbies typically waxes and wanes, so you'll go back and forth on what you'll have interest in if you're anything like me.

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

not really much into cars. can't afford consoles, not much time to play em even if i have consoles anyways.

6. mundi

mundi OT Supporter

Sports? Where are you located? Snowboarding/surfing will be very addictive very quick...

7. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

yea but with lots of time comes lots of money. :wtc:

8. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

Photography can be pretty fun, but it's a lot of cash too. :hs:

9. Malkav

Malkav New Member

If you are looking at picking up some reading material and you enjoy the Potter books consider the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. They are a great read. It is similar to the Potter books in that you get something totally different out of it as an adult as you do when you are a kid. They are pure fantasy novels that will pull you in, plus it is only a trilogy so it isn't too long.

10. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

11. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

Doggah? They take time though.

I'll think of something, Mr. Difficult.:mad:

12. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

myspace.com?

edit: oops, I forgot about the whole comp thing. Let's ignore that comp dislike and go for myspace.

13. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ahhh that sounds very interesting indeed. ill check em out! thanks!

as a matter of fact i DO like to snowboard. too bad the closest slopes are located 2 hours away (Tahoe), so that's probably not an after-work thing.. maybe weekends tho!

well i dont HATE comps after work but i dont think its a good idea to stare at a monitor at work AND at home for hours and hours. my eyes are bad enough already. but.. what would one be doing on myspace..?

14. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

where are you located?? pick up bjj(brazillian jiu jitsu) or muay thai. be a nerd and kick ass!!

15. Bobbot

I have no idea how they do this, but the thing is so damn addicting. If you don't already have friends on there, then you're safe. But if you've got 3 or more, then you start adding acquaintances and shit as friends, and before you know it, you're all up in people's lives via myspacing, and in real life, you'll talk to your friends and be like "dude, did you get my comment? It totally came out the wrong way," or something like "dude, I am so sick of these whorebots." I am so sick of these whorebots.

16. void

void oh yeah?

you like comics...shit half of the mainstream writiers usually write novels themselves. greg rucka, neil gaiman, alan moore, and j michael straczynski. i know there's more, but i don't feel like doing anymore research. my brain hurts today and it craves alcohol.

17. Bobbot

Martial arts are expensive these days with increasing rent costs for the owners. Last I checked, 1 month of Tae Kwon Do cost a little over $100. I used to pay $40 back in the day.

18. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

im near Sacramento.

bobbot wtf is a whorebot?

man today i said to one of my friends, "everyday i wake up and the only thing i look forward to is the end of the day..."

sounds so sad isnt it? :wtc: i dont wanna whine but im pretty bored with my life. like i said i just got out of a relationship and i miss it (and her, altho i dont really want to admit it out loud).

:lupie:

in any case, today i went to borders and out of impulse bought Les Miserables (wont hurt to read a little literature) and Boomsday (heard of it once, looks pretty popular, dont know much about it). we'll see how these two fill up my time.

19. droopz

droopz New Member

I recently got back into novic-level RC racing. Its awesome fun and very social, but I do enjoy cars in general.

Painting Warhammer models used to waste ALOT of time in my youth too.

20. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

I love to hike, and now that the weather is getting nicer it's the perfect time. Check it out if you have any cool places near by

21. Bobbot

A whorebot is a bot that whores. I don't know why they exist, but they just run a script to add anyone and everyone as a friend, usually to elicit an e-mail addy out of you so they can further spam you. But the scripting makes it a bot, and the whoring makes it a whorebot.

22. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I'm gonna go with this. average here is like 45-60 for kickboxing or bjj and we have miletech fighting systems like 5 minutes away for 65.

You can practice at home, it gets you in shape, makes you feel more confident etc etc.

23. Bobbot

:werd: if it's that cheap!

24. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

i highly recoomend book one of the sword of truth series " the wizard's first rule" by terry goodkind. amazing book series, amazing story, and plenty to read/absorb yourself in. i read the first book all the way through without putting it down ( took me 3 whole days to do :o)

25. Brain-Sprain

Brain-Sprain New Member

try the book "guns up" i forget the author. but its the real life stories of a vietnam helicopter machine gunner.. i've been trying to get me hands on it for some time. the 2 local libraries and the one at college dont have it. the book seems to find its way to distant low population libraries. i dont know why though