i need a little help with windows messaging service

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by STOOPS2121, May 3, 2005.

1. STOOPS2121

STOOPS2121 New Member

how do i turn it off i keep getting messages that pop up every 15 to 20 minutes or so and it is really getting annoying please help

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Leave it on, get yourself a firewall or at least download Zonealarm for free.

You're seeing these messages because your whole computer is open to the internet - these messages are the least of your worries

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Windows XP Home[/font]

1. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Start->Settings ->Control Panel [/size][/font]
    2. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Performance and Maintenance [/size][/font]
    3. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Administrative Tools [/size][/font]
    4. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Double click Services Scroll[/size][/font]
    5. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] down and highlight "Messenger" [/size][/font]
    6. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties.[/size][/font]
    7. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Click the STOP button.[/size][/font]
    8. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar[/size][/font]
    9. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Click OK [/size][/font]
    1. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Windows XP Professional[/font]

1. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Start->Settings ->Control Panel [/size][/font]
      2. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Administrative Tools[/size][/font]
      3. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Click Services[/size][/font]
      4. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Double click Services Scroll[/size][/font]
      5. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] down and highlight "Messenger" [/size][/font]
      6. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties.[/size][/font]
      7. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Click the STOP button.[/size][/font]
      8. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar[/size][/font]
      9. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Click OK [/size][/font]

4. Teck

Teck WTF? OT Supporter

1. click Start bar
    2. click run
    3. type services.msc
    4. Scroll down to the messanger service and disable it.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

ha, i couldnt think of the thing to type in run... I loose. My description was very detailed though!!