GUN I need a gun safe

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by skeletor25rs, Aug 31, 2005.

1. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I've been needing to get one for a while now. Every time I have the money, however, I fold and buy a new gun instead. What brands should I look at/stay away from? Needs to hold what I've got and have plenty of room for future purchases.
    6 long guns and 3 pistols right now. With two or three of each on the near future purchase list:o

2. skeletor25rs

Tell me what you have, interior configuration, likes/dislikes.

3. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Right now i've got this:
    http://www.libertysafe.com/Safe_personal.lasso
    in the 4 CF model. It's crammed full of stuff, and I'm looking at getting this:

http://www.libertysafe.com/Safe_Centurion23.lasso

I like the 3 in 1 flex interior on them.
    http://www.libertysafe.com/about.lasso?-Token.link=3in1flex

The only thing extra I would want on mine is an electronic lock. My personal safe has one on it and it is great. I always hated using the combo on my dads. I'd say for the money, you really cant beat liberty safes.

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

5. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

I like the handguns just thrown thru the safe :)
    Do you have to take the forward guns out to safely remove the guns behind them? I think I've caused hundreds of dollars worth of damage to my guns by not doing that, but I'm lazy and thats never gonna change.

BTW nice TEC-9.

6. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

The configuration ive seen that worked well was long guns on the left, small shelving on teh right (only about 1/4 or so of the width) with handguns. And if you shelves dont go all the way down, smaller long guns, or whatnot under it.

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Yes, I do have to remove them and it pisses me off. Believe it or not, there's 17 long guns in there; not too sure of the pistol count, but as you can see with them lining the sides of the rifle section, there is not enough room for them either.

I have an old Stack-On w/ the pistol case up top, but it's a POS compared to the Winchester and it now holds ammo and holsters. However, I am having some overflow and may have to rearrange it to accept some spare firearms.

Wish I had a place for another Winchester -- the larger one this time. I thought this one would be large enough, but I am soon finding that there is no such thing.

Hopefully, we will be building our next house. If so, I'm taking re-bar at every eight inches behind the sheetrock; the door will be some sort of safe door -- bank take-off or from a company that specializes in such a thing. Inside, I'll have pegboard, lots of pegboard; no more moving 7 guns to retrieve one.

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

More pics of shotgun, devil. I <3 the forend, but I can't afford one. :o

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

:hsd:
    Here's the shootie:

[​IMG]

BTW, thanks!

10. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I'll agree with you in that regard. I live in an apartment and space is an issue, so I need something that is relatively small and that can be somewhat portable when I move out. Money is also an issue since i'm still in school. When I graduate from college next May and decide where I'll be living/working, I'll get a bigger, more permanent safe. For now though, the "security container" will have to do :mamoru:

11. skeletor25rs

That's what my g/fs parents have. Cinder block walk in vault with a vault door they got at an estate sale. It's awesome.

I just need something I can lock and de-humidify to keep the guns protected from rust, fire, and people.

12. if you get a safe, bolt it to the floor if you can.