I need a good network book...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 04, Aug 2, 2003.

1. 04

04 Guest

I want to learn more about setting up and configuring networks, stuff like DNS, setting up DHCP servers, domains, you know, the more advanced windows administration stuff :o

It doesnt have to be a dummy book that explains what an IP address is or anything, but then again, I don't want an enterprise level network design book either.

I dunno, probably something that someone looking into MSCE would read to study or something? :dunno:

2. 04

04 Guest

anyone? I am going to post this in OT to see if I can get any answers :(

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

It might sound insane, but when I am looking for books I go to the bookstore. Flip through them and see what you like. Find one that is about your skill level. You can beat try before you buy, becuase you will never end up disapointed.

4. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

I need to get something similar for Windows Server 2003. We're going to be moving our AD servers over to 2003 sometime soon, and I'd like to know what is going on. :o I mostly just do development work for the department and help in the labs with issues. The server stuff has been over my head so far. I do want to learn though.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

My advice, get something on the CompTIA Network+ Exam. These will get into the basics all the way up to advanced stuff in general terms for you.

As for the Windows Server 2003, there are "migration guides" published by Microsoft Press which I believe are also for the administration exams in the MCSE/MCSA track.