SRS I need a good frickin cry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mcgovlau, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

I've always had it in for this one guy since first semester of school (it's past second semester now and summer break). He was my best friend and we madeout once and he had told me it meant nothing. I was heartbroken, but I didn't let that effect our friendship.

Second semester he decided not to come back and since we keep in touch really we talk at least twice a week. Well he literally told me that he never planned on telling me how he really felt because I kinda shot him down for any other physical stuff (I don't do that stuff unless I'm dating you). Apparently he reciprocated my feelings and like so whatever, he lives in another state so there's nothing we can do about it.

:wtc:well I always e-stalk him once and a while and I found out that he kinda had this thing with a girl, but that I guess they didn't really get together or anything. So I thought it was okay to flirt with him again. We did some HARDCORE flirting and i don't want to go into detail about it, but lets just say it could be regrettable. Even though i know he likes me to some extent, I can't help but think that he will never like me the way I like him and it kills me inside.

I can never just trust anyone. :hsr::hsr:I just want to move away and never come back.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Stop talking to this guy. You are only putting further stress on yourself because you can't be with him .

You have to move on. There are thousands of men LOCAL to you that are just as great, you just have to get out and meet them. You and him will never just be "friends." Even your "friendship" right now isn't platonic, it's just based on you wishing and hoping he'll make some grand gesture to be with you, which he won't.

Stop talking to him until you are over him. Only when you are over him can you be his friend.

Why can't you trust anyone? What has he done to fuck up your trust? He's just one guy that didn't have enough interest in you and you let yourself wish and hope like a child instead of making a move like an adult. And why would moving away help? You are in an area with a massive amount of men and he's the one who lives in another state. Move on.

3. jamesthegreat

jamesthegreat Dont be Jealous

wow...i kinda know how ya feel....if that helps at all...:dunno:

4. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

I know I have to get over him :( I feel like I can't just like block him out of my life because a lot of times HE talks to me. He would totally notice if I just up and stopped talking to him altogether.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

You have to have respect for yourself. You are only latching onto him because you are afraid of moving on and being alone, but being alone can be thrilling (if you put yourself out there). He's giving you nothing but heart ache.

You can be friends eventually, but not right now when you have these kinds of feelings for him.

It's one thing for you to stop contacting him, but if he still contacts you you need to stand up for yourself and tell him straight up that you have feelings for him (which he already knows) and tell him talking to him as a "frend" just doesn't work for you so you need to take a break from him so to speak.

6. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

It definitely helps not to go to the same school as him anymore. I never have to see him. When I'm at school I almost forget about him and I flirt around and have fun. When I come home and I'm alone all day is when it hits me hard. It's like when I'm at school and with all my friends, I just don't have time to think about him at all.

I guess if he tries to be all flirty with me again I'll just not flirt back. He'll probably get the message. If not I'll say something along the lines you said iwishyouwerebeer.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Exactly. While the idea seems extremely hard now you will be shocked at how cutting him out of your life (in terms of phone, text, internet convo's) will speed up you getting over him. When you don't have to see him in front of you it makes it much easier.

Try to fill your time at home with more positive things. Whether it's going for a run, gong to the gym or going out with friends more. Start flirting some more with guys you see daily. Don't be afraid to ask a guy out for coffee.

He's flirting with you because it's fun to receive validaton. It's dick because he knows you like him, so he's basically using you for your attention. Don't give it to him, he doesn't deserve it.

8. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

Okay ;( I'm gonna sleep on it tonight. Thanks for the advice really <33 When I'm in the right state of mind don't hesitate to ask me for advice.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

We're always here :wavey: Or I am available via PM :hs:

10. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

So true.

I've been known to do that. Just stop feeding him what he wants and he will move on to another source.

11. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

I really see him doing this now. Thanks for opening my eyes.