I need a fan or two...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DatacomGuy, Oct 1, 2003.

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I have no pre-cut holes in my generic case.. and my PC temp just gets too high (especially with leaving it on 24/7 for the BBS).. so I need to retrofit some fans onto the existing case cover.

Any recommendations? I don't know much about add-on fans as far as brands, cfm, and prices... feel free to post links, and no posting of pricewatch... it's no good if I don't know much about fans. :rofl:

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Get a couple of vantec stealth fans. Most cases will have the mounting points for an 80mm(standard size for a case fan) in the front and in the back. The vantec fans are nice because they're quiet. Try to get one front and one in the back, with the air going in the front and then out the back.
    You could also look at a program called cpu idle. It will drop thevoltage down a bit on your cpu when it's not working to reduce the heat output a bit.
    For the fans, check out somewhere like www.newegg.com

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

If you have no place to mount them buy a Sawzall. You can always use it later on other things. Think of it as an investment.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Damn, and I was already to start the wave and everything...

5. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

do like me, buy a dremel tool and some fans and have some fun...heh, it sounds like a plane but it droped my temp