I need a factory, Ford Navigation unit.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by m3 bavaria, Dec 1, 2007.

1. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

Does anyone know where I can buy such a thing, new, and programmed for my specific vehicle?

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i used to work at ford, no one ever wanted to buy a factory unit so i can't really answer this very well

they suck balls anyway, they are DVD navs (won't tell you shit without a DVD), why the fuck would you want one?

seriously though, a 300 dollar garmin will walk all over one of those ford factory units, the only slightly cool thing is a visual interface for your stereo etc but it looks dated as fuck and isn't what I would call high quality

PS: aren't you one of OT's resident ballers? what are you doing with ford shit? big truck to pull your euro cars? :mamoru:

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

What is wrong with DVD navi? Works fine for me.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

The ford one is just fucking gay as fuck. I also don't like the idea of throwing in a DVD. The ford DVD doesn't even have very much data on it. It's a completely shitty unit.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I have zero experience with the ford, so not sure. However, I've messed around with Acura navi (which is dvd-based) and it basically kicked ass.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Yeah I've worked with the ford navi in the superduty and taurus (same unit) and its terrible

7. AirWaveGT

AirWaveGT Do tiny black horses eat ice cream while dancing

its not bad and its made by pioneer. my company can get them but i doubt they would ship it anywhere and you wouldnt want to pay what we charge for them.