I need a digital camera

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by COMEgetSOME, Jun 10, 2003.

1. COMEgetSOME

COMEgetSOME Guest

For $200 or less. I don't know whether I should try and find as high a quality digital camera I can for about that money, or just buy a cheap digital camera and wait untill I have more money to spend on something better. Any suggestions either way?

2. Byromaniac

Byromaniac GO JETS GO OT Supporter

i think you gotta make your price range a little bigger, the only kinda camera youre gonna get for under 200 is gonna be crap

3. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

Unless you need a camera right now, I would wait and save up more money for a decent camera.

4. Modest Mike

Modest Mike Guest

yeah, $200 is pretty limiting, one word though when u do look at getting a digi cam, Canon

5. Azn_Bok_Choy

Azn_Bok_Choy Guest

ya, but if u really need one, i suggest Sony Cybershot DSC U30

6. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

im considering getting the canon s230. ideas? comments? suggestions? from what i hear, this is a pretty nice camera.

runs about $315 online.

7. MarvinMartian

MarvinMartian The many faces of...

I have $20, what kind of camera can I get?

8. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

you can buy a pack of pencils and a pad of paper

9. MarvinMartian

MarvinMartian The many faces of...

kick ass, im there....anyone got some they wanna sell?

10. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I got one of these (actually the KD-200 model) about 2 years ago and it's been great. I think Konica discontinued this model though (I got mine through costco.com on closeout for $200).

It's really easy to use and the picture quality is fine for posting pics on the web, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2952911532&category=1085

Note: Even though it says "2 AA batteries" it actually needs a special photo battery. Using regular AAs in it will screw it up. I did this, and had to send it to Konica to have them reset it (free).

11. jeck

jeck New Member

canons make really good cameras. the s230 is a good one too. look into the s400 and the s50. theyre about the same price. the s50 doesnt look as good, but it has alot of features that youll like. the s400 is small, and compact... and it looks nice too. 'COMEgetSOME' if you only have 200 dollars, and you want a cam to just mess around with, get a sony u30. its the same as a u20, but it has a small mirror on the slide cover for those selfportrait shots. it has no zoom, but its REALLY small. and when i mean small, i mean like a pack of winterfresh. it runs off 2 triple a's and comes with an 8mb mem stick. its a good cam for candid shots and crap. thats why its called a club cam. i mean.. if you want some other cheap ass cam... ... ... id say kodak, but you can get alot more quality with a higher priced model. 'COMEgetSOME,' besides the sony u30... id save up some more money. at least 100 dollars more.