I need a couple things cleared up.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hootpie, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootpie

hootpie New Member

1) Is there any advantage/disadvantage to combining chest with triceps and back with biceps? As of now, I do chest, back, legs, and arms all on separate days. I know some people who swear by chest/tri and back/bi. The reason I do them on separate days is because by the time I'm done with my big lifts--chest/back (bench and deadlift), I'm pretty much spent and can't imagine doing much else.

2) Is there any advantage to being taller or shorter when lifting? I've heard some people say there is and some people say there isn't. Whenever I see people with shorter arms than me lifting, I think that they have it easier than me (not that it matters though) because they travel a shorter distance with their arms (btw, I'm 6'3" and have long arms). I think the same thing whenever I see someone shorter than me squatting/pulling. It seems like they don't really travel that much, whereas it feels like I travel twice as far. Either way, I don't care and it's not going to change anything, but I'm curious.

2. amdspitfire

amdspitfire New Member

benching works your triceps also, so if you decide to do chest one day and triceps the next day they wont get the rest they need

3. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Yeah, which is why I do chest and back on Monday and Tuesday, then arms on Friday or Saturday.

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I think that's okay... slightly better on a friday though recovery wise I guess.
    One thing to consider is that unless arms are a priority, when you do triceps after chest... need to maybe do only one exercise.

As for height... it also depends on your proportions. In terms of longer limbs/ short torso or vice versa. Someone posted a link recently about an article on t-nation about guys with big benches have lower deadlifts (short limbs) and guys with bigger deadlifts having shit benches (long limbs),

5. hootpie

hootpie New Member

My arms are very small compared to the rest of me, so they are a high priority for me.

I have long limbs, but I think it's too early to tell whether I can DL more or bench more (only been working out for ~5 months). Like I said though, it doesn't really matter to me...I was just curious.

6. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Short people = Shorter range of motion on all lifts and in most cases less loads on their joints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.