I need a car, bad & fast

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by drewplusbrig, Oct 23, 2005.

1. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

my current car (96 jxi) is crapping out on me fast, it has some body damage, scratches, not great condition at all, so i doubt i can trade it in for much. the engine light came on today and the transmission feels like it's starting to slip (when i first start the car and start driving i have to give it a lot of gas to first move)

i was going to ship my car back to philly when i moved for about 1200, should i put that down on a new car? i only make about 1600 a month, my rent is only 400, and my parents could co-sign a lease or finance agrement if needed. i really don't know what to do or what i can afford. I have only had my job ( full time ) for a month and a half, and i'll soon be leaving it to start a new one in philly. i have no credit on file, not even enough for a target credit card.

what can I do? what can i afford? i paid cash for my first car, but don't have an extra 7000 sitting around now :[

2. red97gst

red97gst New Member

what the heck is a jxi?

you listed no priorities when it comes to your car

id just sell your current ride and buy an old corolla

3. flakey

flakey New Member

96 jxi.... like a sebreing? or whatever?! anyway you need to find out HOW much money you are willing to put down on a car and untill you decide that then no one can help you look untill there is a posted price range

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

you need to discover your elusive budget before you get something "bad and fast" :hsugh:

I also suggest telling us what your opinion of fast is.