A&P I need a camera...Advice plz

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Labster, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Labster

Labster Active Member OT Supporter

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm looking for a camera in the 5mp+ range. I was looking into getting a DR but just can't justify spending the money when I don't think that I'll need something like that. I'm looking into the Powershot Pro1 but read some reviews and saw that alot of people didn't care for it. Any other suggestions? I would prefer that it take CF cards because I already have 2 256mb cards left from my camera that I sold. Thanks in advance.
  2. mojito

mojito New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Minolta a2. All the 8mp cams have the same Sony ccd, so its a matter of features and lens quality.

the Olympus c-8080 has the best lensand buld quality, but poorest functionality. Least amount of zoom as well.

The Sony F828 is really noisy and has more CA than the others, though it does have the fastest lens and allows for IR photography and the best movie mode.

The Canon Pro 1 and Nikon 8700 are really similar and are both lack luster. Decent lenses but slow autofocus and weird design. Nikon does have an 8800 with image stabilization and more zoom coming out

So this leaves the Minolta A2. It has a good lens, image stabilization, great feature set, and excelent build quality

All the 8mp take CF cards and rechargeable lithium ion batteries

3. Straight_Six

Straight_Six Guest

Canon PowerShot S60