I need a brush to scrub down 18-wheelers

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gandhibrokemyskates, Aug 16, 2005.

1. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

Dub Carshow Series has contacted me in washing the cars and 18 Wheeler semis before the show. I have the stuff to do the cars (14 cars :noes:) but I don't have a brush to scrub down the 18 wheelers, and I have 4 of them to wash.

I have seen a guy wash down an 18 wheeler for Yokohama when I was at another race in New Jersey. I have a power washer lined up an everything. :coold:

Where can I find some Telescoping brushes to clean those suckers down?

2. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

You can get handles at home depot. I can't remember where we got the brushes from. Probably just from a truck stop :dunno:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd get that new Meguiars Ultra Plush Wash Mop. It works great! Holds a lot of soapy water and won't scratch the paint like brushes can. In addition, the wash mop is replaceable.

[​IMG]

4. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Trucks can be cleaned real easy with an acid its called aluminum brightener and a pressure cleaner and the truck will come out looking nice. But still hand washing still does good right after the acid wash. The acid even brightens up metal and aluminum, but don’t get the acid on glass. Trucks have different kind of paint then cars do, paint takes more abuse. You can polish trucks but it’s pointless to put wax or a sealer on working trucks they can travel 500 miles in a day though all kinds of weather. Only thing that might hold up is AIO twins, if AIO last a year for a car it would last 3 months for a truck.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd:

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Where have you found this? I've been washing my cars with long-handled brushes for years, but they really create a swirl problem that I end up having to correct about once a year. I need something softer.

I've found telescoping wash handles with microfiber heads at my local AutoZone, but they don't sell replacement heads. I'm not going to buy a whole new mop assembly every time the head wears out. :ugh:

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:slap: gtfo with that crazyness. DUB show trucks are gonna be custom painted. besides, the acid wash absolutely murders the paint. next time you ride down the road look at some of the trucks. the ones that are all oxidized? yeah, they've been acid washed.

OP- look at some of justin35013's threads and look in to his foaming methods, I'd recommend something like that. You are gonna have a lot more road grime on the trucks vs a car, so you're gonna need something to really cut through all of that mess. Look for a really good bug remover also, I'm sure you'll need it. Window cleaner will give a very nice sheen to any chrome on the rig. I don't have any recommendations as far as a brush goes, I don't generally use them :hs: sorry.

8. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

STOP FUCKING USING IT THEN JACKASS!!

9. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I'm not going to break my back using a sponge. It's not like I wouldn't be doing swirl correction every year anyway.

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

11. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Most car parts stores sell those threaded brush heads and you can pickup a telescoping aluminum pole at Home Depot. I use them on RVs, but in conjunction with a 6' ladder. Maybe $20 all said and done.

If the trucks are custom painted and you need to prevent swirls, look into a boars hair brush rather than the nylon ones.

12. Paulie Walnuts

This really isnt the forum for you then. Perhaps the ladies section would be a better fit.

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd:

They have threads like "...but the roof of my car looked like the PERFECT place to set my purse and grocery bags while I dug out my keys and opened the door! WHY IS MY ROOF SCRATCHED TO HELL?"

and "Got my nail extensions done, now there are all kinds of scratches on my door handles. HELP!"

14. Scottwax

Meguiars no longer sells that MF head mop thingie. Target had one (Vroom brand) but I don't know if they all carry it.

I'm with the others, if a long handled brush is swirling your paint, it shouldn't be touching your paint. How is using a sponge "breaking your back" anyway?

15. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:rofl: Please. I've been an active contributor to this forum before you even joined.

16. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:wtc: That one looked pretty nice.
    I wash my car about every other day and usually need to wash it quickly. It doesn't get much quicker than something on a handle.

17. Paulie Walnuts

Right on. But he was here in 2001 so that makes him a detailing expert!! Never mind those of us that have been doing this for 10+ years. Its like someone that starts smoking and then wonders why they got cancer. Fucking morans cant stand them. Off to the IM list.

18. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I should add that I've recently switched to a microfiber sponge since I've gone back to using QEW. A long-handled brush doesn't make much sense in that application.

19. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:ugh: We're all here to get more knowledge about products and techniques and to share what we do know with others. Relax.

20. Scottwax

When you run out of QEW, try ONR, definitely a step above.

21. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Palm Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) Palm 690p 16;320x320)

Definitely. I liked the results I saw on your YouTube video. I've still got almost 2 bottles of QEW left, though.

22. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: I finally finished off my stock of QEW last week, and just tried ONR earlier on my truck..... all I can say is :bowdown:

23. BlazinBlazer Guy

I use those Meguiar's "Quick Detail" pads.... basically a supreme shine microfiber sewn around a piece of foam. Works GREAT for QEW/ONR... but another discontinued product.

I wish Meg's hadn't killed off 90% of its brush and pad/towel lineup.... those were some awesome products.

24. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member