I must need an ego trip I'm posting in the vag. :hs: come tell me what I already know

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mycophiles, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

/ego. Seriously.

Got this problem. Here ya go. I'd like advice from ladies mostly. I know the rhetoric from a guy's point of view.

Thanks

So I haven't dated for a while. In over 2 years to be exact. It's been hellish. I'm not a player. Not a fucker and leave her guy. I'm actually a romantic. Ok, yes I'm a lamo deal with it.

I've asked a couple woman out in the last couple months that have intrigued me intellectually but nothing has come of any of that. I thought 'hey.. as long as I'm trying right?' That's the attitude I've been cruizin on for the last couple years. Now.... well NOW. Something has come up that just destroys that philosophy. I saw someone. Yes I SAW someone. I'm not even going to explain what I mean here. Did I talk to her? Kinda...

Ok, now I have a problem. These fucking emotions. They are :eek3:. Thoughts of her have seeded pretty deep in my mind which is equally :eek3:. Why? Because I can't claer my head. I clear my head and her face is there. It's fuckin rediculous. I haven't had emotions like this in years. God... it's like I've been given a bike and all the old instincts are coming back.

So why am I posting here right? Well... I need to do something about it. (life goes on right?)

I could ignore it. I'm pretty sure I could get over the emotions if I changed habbits and kept busy. Yes, this I could do.

But, the thing is I don't want to ignore it. So 99% of my hormone filled mind is telling me to quench this thirst. THAT is why I'm posting here.

Like i said I've asked woman out this past year. Rejection wasn't really an issue. I had a take it or leave it attitude. This is different and while yes rejection would hurt that's not why I haven't done the deed yet. My problem is I can't really talk to her. She works somewhere I go and she is constantly with customers and while asking people out at work is sometimes ok it would be... well... a bit uncouth... in the environment she's in. So THAT and then there's the fact that I haven't really talked to her. It would be asking her out out of the blue.

This thing has gotten me stressed. My mind is coming up with stupid romantic shit that you did in highschool to get a girl. Which my romantic (and idiotic) side is urging me to do. :rofl: Hormones right? :rofl:

So how do I proceed from here? I know patience is a virtue and all that and yes I'm willing as far as that goes. I might just need to wait untill I get a chance to talk to her and build a friendly relationship. ( I'm not a friendzone type of guy btw. :fawk: ) But I thought I'd ask the woman's club in the vag to throw some light on the subject.

thanks

btw.. I'm a decent looking guy. and she is ... well... she's her. ;)

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm not a woman (you might want to rethink that cause women tend to give shitty advice when it comes to actually picking them up. relationship advice they are great with, but pick up? nah...) but I'll throw in my two cents.

First of all, you have what we like to call "one-itis". And that is going to seriously fuck with your ability to do what you KNOW you have to do. You've got her up on a pedastal and you barely know her. It's time to come back down to earth here and get some perspective.

First of all, you are going to have to realize that there are other fish in the sea. No, I'm not telling you to walk away or anything like that, but you've got her so built up in your head that your desire is really going to fuck with your ability to do what you have to do. She's just a girl. She's no more special that you are. So remember how special YOU are, and what you are bringing to the table. WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU? If you realize this, and I don't mean bullshit yourself, but TRULY realize this, you'll lessen the stress quite a bit and your perspective will change. No longer will you be out to impress her or do those silly little romatic things :)hsugh:) you want to do. In fact, you'll be more like "is she good enough for ME?" Changing your attitude is going to help you immensely because as long as you think she is some sort of princess, you are going to do things that are going to turn her off with you, get bored with you, or take you for granted.

Also, stop thinking about it so much. One of my favorite quotes from a movie was from Top Gun when Maverick said: "You don't have time to think up there. If you think....you're dead." So true. The more you think about shit like the, the more you are going to find yourself dead in the water before you even get off the ground. Next time you see her, WALK UP TO HER AND TALK TO HER. Make up your mind beforehand and then just do it automatically. You're not going to get anywhere with her until you talk to her, and the more you second guess the "perfect time" to talk to her, the more likely it is that somebody else is going to swoop in before you do (if she doesn't already have a boyfriend).

Think of it like this. You have put yourself in a hole already with this girl where she is way up there and you are way down here. Climb the fuck out of that hole and get your head on straight.

Don't think...just do. Next time you see her, you are going to talk to her. Next time you talk to her, you are going to walk away with her number. Why? Because you know who you are, you love yourself, and other people love you. If that isn't true, then you aren't ready to be dating anyway.

Good luck chief.

3. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

:bowdown: /thread Nice work Viper

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

great reply, viper

5. jonno

jonno New Member

word

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I have nothing else to add to this :bowdown:

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

where does she work? i cant imagine anywhere that you would not be able to walk up and start a conversation with her that could lead to asking her on a date

8. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

/ thread

9. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

great reply viper. it is funny how time creates this 'mysticism" surrounding the opposite sex.

funny thought comes to mind " engage goddammit. Maverick. Engage!"

10. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

shizzle

11. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

You can be my wingman :naughty:

:greddy:

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Bullshit, you can be mine. :mamoru:

13. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

:gfight:

14. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

i know it's offtopic, and i could be wrong, but i thought iceman said that?

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Ha ha, no, it was Maverick. They were sitting in class and Charlie was grilling him about the mig.

16. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

oh yeah. you know, the bird?

sorry for second guessing for some reason i just pictured that line being in the same set of lines where iceman said "you're a danger to your crew..blahblahblah"

17. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:dunno: yeah... are you worried about it being awkward and in front of other customers?

:o while i'm not saying you should follow this, but i've been asked out by an employee before. :dunno: i purchased some new frames, and they were gonna be ready in an hour, and so i told him i'd come back. sure enough, i came back, picked up said glasses, and he gave me a note with a sweet comment, his name, and number. ;)

just talk to her! :)

18. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Thanks ;)

Progress is good. We'll see about asking her out sometime this week. I've been VERY busy. Full time work and student and 3 tests this week. :eek4d:

19. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Mike even gives solid non-poker advice. :bowdown:

20. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

update for you guys.. like i posted earlier i made conversation a couple of times. didnt see her for a while b/c of school and work. this morning I saw her and had my chance. before walking up and asking her out I saw something that saved me from putting a big fat foot in my mouth. an engagement ring. fucking sucks.

i usually dont check fingers so it was just luck but so damn disheartening. anyway thanks for the posts guys (and gals)

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:uh: Oh well man, now you know to look

22. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

NO NO NO ..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh:wtc:

ended up the day getting a number though. :hsd: (different girl)

23. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: :h5:

24. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Yea, oook. Girls are so confusing on so many levels. Today I briefly saw the girl again today and what do you know. She wasn't wearing a ring. :rofl: Like I said before I don't really look at rings but the one she was wearing he other day was pretty big. Maybe it was costume jewelry, maybe real, or maybe just a deterant to guys. Whatever the case I'll have to ask.

Jeebus!! I thought I had put this behind me.

25. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Forgot to update thread. Decided to ask her out despite the ring since I saw it on her only on that one day. (apparently she doesn't wear it everyday) She IS in fact married.