I must break you...

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by dunkinskeleton, Mar 22, 2008.

1. dunkinskeleton

dunkinskeleton New Member

First night back in the gym after a few weeks off to take care of some other stuff and heal up. On the menu for tonight was some boxing mixed in with ground and pound.

3 rounds of Bas's boxing cd
    Sets 5 different 3 and 4 punch combos on focus mits
    Abs/Pushups
    Body Sparring
    Ground and pound on the dummy
    4 rounds on the heavy bag (continuous combos for the first part of the round ending with a 30 second flurry)

Felt like crap all during the workout due not only to not working out for 2 weeks, but also due to my poor diet.

I hit up the market today and will be back on my diet combined with working out 6 days a week.

As far as my background in the sport, I have been working out at Elite MMA in Thousand Oaks for the last six months. I have been doing mostly boxing, muay thai, and mma classes with a little bit of jiu jitsu mixed in there.

I am currently 6'5 195 and I hope to stay at that weight while adding a little bit of muscle while losing a little bit of fat. I am already pretty lean and will hopefully be posting progression pics.

2. dunkinskeleton

4 rounds of Bas's Thai Boxing tape
    Three punch combinations finished off with a low kick
    Sparring
    Learned 3 side mount submissions
    Rolled

3. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Don't shock yourself if you've taken some time off. Ease back into it so you don't get out again.

4. dunkinskeleton

Lot of boxing tonight

Boxing Class
    -Worked on ducking under hooks and countering with a combo
    -Abs
    -Body Sparring
    -3 rounds of Bas's boxing cd

3 minute rounds
    -3 rounds of jump rope with sprints mixed in
    -3 rounds of shadow boxing with sprints mixed in
    -3 round of heavy bag with sprints mixed in

Advanced Sparring
    -Sparred probably around 12 three minute rounds
    -Usually would spar two rounds back to back, but twice sparred for three rounds back to back to back
    -Took a nice shot to the forehead that stunned me a little bit, first time for me
    -One guy tried to get u pushed off of the mat or into the wall. Usually people just stop and go out to the middle of the mat to be safe, but this guy liked to get in like two extra shots as u are getting back to the middle of the mat. So I let him have it a little bit, which was nice.

All in all it was a really good night. My coaches really like what they see due to the fact this was my first night of extended sparring. My hooks get a little wild when i throw combos, and i need to work my left jab a little bit better.

Other than that I just need to keep getting in better shape so that I don't drop my hands and get tired.

5. dunkinskeleton

Monday I had 1 hour of boxing class and 1 hour of sparring (kickboxing)
    -Threw some really good kicks and a superman punch that connected flush

Tuesday I had Muay Thai and my shoulders are sore now

6. dunkinskeleton

Been a while since I last posted, still been going to class.

Had MMA class last night. I really need to spend some time and go to purely jiu jitsu or wrestling classes. My ground game needs mondo work. I can handle people that have limited experience, but anyone with more than 6 months of solid ground game training is able to feast on my mistakes.

Also, last night Kimbo was in there training for the umpteenth day in a row, but the thing that made today different was that there was a Loco sighting with some fresh TU gear.

I have also been getting back into the gym four days a week to do weight and cardio training so hopefully that will pay off too.