SRS I murdered someone in my dream last night...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onedownfiveup, Nov 16, 2006.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

So I've been having some weird dreams lately and I had a dream that I was hanging out with this girl I like and I went to the bathroom and came back out and saw some guy was trying to hurt her so I went over to figure out what was going on and he was in fact causing harm and I ended up killing him. :hsugh:

That was a very weird dream.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yeah...wierd indeed. But it's just a dream and dreams are not real.

I've done all sorts of crazy things in dreams....but it's just our minds way of dealing with shit.

3. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

I found this in a dream dictionary I've been reading.

To dream that you have committed a murder, indicates that you are putting an end to an old habit and your former ways of thinking. This could also mean an end to an addiction. Alternatively, you may have some repressed aggression or rage at yourself or at others

or it may have just been a weird dream :squint:

4. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Where are you reading this dream dictionary? Is it online?

I don't have any addictions or any bad things like that. Maybe this is trying to tell me to move on and stop trying to get with this girl.

5. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

if the dream is a one time thing, don't worry about it. If it starts happening regularly, you may want to see someone about it.

7. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

interesting site. i have "chase/escape" dreams most often. never could understand why. now ive got some sort of insight on it, although i'll need to think of what is actually causing it.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Any dream dictionary is bogus. The important thing is YOUR interpretation of YOUR dream because it will be influenced by your life experience and thoughts.

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:

IMO dreams are all about our mind talking to us in a language that is unique to us. It's based on our past experiences, hopes, aspiration, values, beliefs and all the other stuff that makes us unique individuals.

I've looked through a lot of dream intrepretation books and most of them miss the mark. My brother, on the other hand, was very helpful in illuminating dreams. His intrepretations were more on point with how I felt in the dream and what I was experiencing in my life.

He also would tell me that about 1/2 to 90% of dreams just don't make much sense and there's really no value to be gained in trying to understand that stuff....afterall, it's just a dream. He would always try to focus in on the really relevant stuff.