SRS i miss my hometown so much

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PmDavis300, Jul 26, 2006.

1. PmDavis300

PmDavis300 God Bless America, Motherfucker.

i havnt been there since easter. i have two days to i can get off work. i can either request them off for my cousins wedding or i can request them off to go to my home town (iowa city, ia) my parents might be somewhat agitaded if i dont go to the wedding,maybe even pissed. but im seriously getting depressed over not seeing my friends and whatnot. so... myquestion to the masses is, should i just home for a few days or go tothe wedding?

2. the slowness

the slowness OT Supporter

send your cousins a nice wedding gift and go back home..wedding blow anyways:o

3. PmDavis300

thats what i was thinking. ill go with that if then next few posts reflect your opinion

4. PmDavis300

im this close "." to moving back there

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

would going home for one day and going to the wedding the next be out of the question?

is there anything wrong w/ taking a few unpaid days off from work?

how close is this friend? and will any other of your friends be there? where is the wedding?

I guess the way i look at it is, go to the wedding, you only get one chance for the wedding, it may not seem much to you, but i'm sure it would mean something to your friend. skip the reception, hightail it home and hng out at home for a day, then head back to minnesota. In the end, it all depends on how close is this friend. if its one of your best friends, go to the wedding, if its more of a mutual friend, or more of an acquaintance then go home and send wedding gift and card.

6. Blackthorn

Blackthorn New Member

I immigrated overseas at one point and found a very hard time adjusting at first.

You need to find things you like about where you are at, not dwell on what you've lost. Find new places to go out, find new friends, etc. Revell in the new, not the old.