SRS I miss her....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I have been dating my GF for about 3months (and sum days) now and we only get to see each other once every week because we live an hour apart. This distance between us is killing me though!

And not just in the obvious ways but also financially because everytime I have to go out their I have to basically fill up my car with twenty dollars. Like one example is If I go and see her Saturday morning then come back Saturday afternoon/night I usually fill up the car again by the following Saturday before it falls below the mid-level or else it'll be even more expensive. SO basically I am prolly spending more than $40-60 a month on gas! I have a small commute to work (like 5mins) so thank goodness for that and I rarely go anywhere else that is far.
    Just last weekend, Saturday morning, I filled up with about $20 (gas level was at mid-level) and I went to pick her up and we came back down to my area and hung out then I drove her back home late that night. I decided to stay because I didn't feel like driving back so I stayed in her family mobile home. Next morning, I drove back. By Monday/Tuesday, I had to fill up the car again before it fell below the mid-level. Now if I go see her this Saturday....it'll be like the example above where I do see her for a while then take her to work and come back home. Then by the next Saturday, I will have to fill up again with another $20. So now I'm currently deciding whether or not I should go this weekend. I know financially I should prolly take the break but Only thing is I miss her and I don't want to keep feeling like this. If I see her for a little bit, it can hold me over till next weekend, I guess.

I want to see her more than just once a week though but I don't know what I can do. I really do think I love her. I believe she has strong feelings for me too but they are not as strong as mine. At this point, I really feel like I need to see her more......or not see her at all.
    Just talking to her on the phone is not enough anymore. I just want to be with her and near her. I don't want to feel needy or sound needy either but the pain in my chest and heart is so hard and bad now.

I hate this feeling. If this is love then why does it hurt?

btw, she can't drive to see me. So thats not an option.

2. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

can she help chip in gas money?

3. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

I've come to realise that some people just arent cut out for the distance thing.

4. Guz200sx

:rofl: I think I'm gonna ask her that tonite....maybe jokingly...i dunno.

Independant types do great in long distance relationships where as others need reassurance and closeness, I guess I am the latter and my gf is the other. Plus she has other things to keep her busy (family, work @ nite, daughter) where as I only have mostly work and the occassional hook-up with friends. I've got my family too though but hanging with them is wack.

5. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Don't be so clingy and needy man. It's unbecoming and potentially a problem for your relationship someday.

Find something else in your life to focus on besides the horizontal mambo. :hsd:

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

My girlfriend goes to college in michigan and i go to college in new york. I see her once a month and each trip runs me $200 - $300 depending on how many stops i take. I say suck it up and drive on if you really do love her.

7. Guz200sx

Clingy & Needy is the last thing I want to be.....

I've been trying to do other things such as lookin for a new job and finding ways of moving out of my parents house...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  8. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

$40-$60 a month

and you work, so it's not like you don't have any income.

Oh shit man, time to mortgage your house. :ugh:

9. Guz200sx

But with other bills that I have, it can get kind of steep.

I have been thinking about ways to work around it today actually. I am on a budget so I am thinking I might separate the gas money and put it into an account where I can use my bank card to take it out every time I gas up instead of keeping it with my regular every day or my "checking" account money.

$200-300?! Thats crazy but if you got the money then more power to ya. Yea I wouldn't even be with a girl if she lived that far away.

10. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

im gonna be a 10 hour drive from my gf in a few months, and i don't know how it's going to end up. i think you just gotta occupy yourself with things to do to keep your mind off it so much.

11. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Why can't she drive to see you once in a while? I know you said it's not an option, but you didn't give an explanation.

It's not the love that hurts, it's the uncertainty that hurts. If you were absolutely sure that you would see her no matter what, you would be calm and relaxed instead. Gas isn't that expensive when you consider what it gets you. Been there, done that; I had a g/f who lived five hours away (all interstate driving, no less!) and I drove to see her every weekend for a summer. I didn't even bother asking myself if it was worth the money. I still don't.

12. Vheissus310

Vheissus310 New Member

Your Sprung!

13. deusexaethera

Welcome to OT. Now :gtfo2: of the Asylum until you learn some respect.

14. Guz200sx

No License & no car.

Exactly. You hit it right on the head, man. Other times I haven't felt this way so close to the weekend but now I am because I don't think I will see her again until next week.

This is true also.....But when you have people constantly reminding you of this shit then you start to wonder it yourself.

EDIT: where in nova are you??

15. 88rover

88rover New Member

My fiance drove an hour and a half just to come see me every weekend, for the day. If she minded all the driving and money, I don't think that she would have done it as long as she did. Besides, now she has a nice rock to show off for all her patience and love.

16. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Christ man, I was dating a girl at my school (20 miles away) and I drive a gas guzzler F-150. During the school year im spending 40 bucks a WEEK on gas, easy.

Your not buying gas, your buying time spent with her. If it bothers you that much, get a side source of income.

17. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

You are so right:bowdown::wtc:

18. deusexaethera

The simple solution to this is, as one person pointed out, view the money spent not on gas but on the chance to be with her, and then decide that this is worth whatever it takes. You'll calm down right quick.

Now, if there's another issue you're not bringing up, that's a different story.

19. deusexaethera

I live in Ashburn and I work in Herndon. I need to move closer to work so I don't have to worry about the bottleneck where the privately-owned Greenway connects to the publicly-owned Dulles Toll Road (how the hell they managed to design a road that drops two lanes IN BOTH DIRECTIONS I'll never understand), but that's off the point.

20. Guz200sx

hehe, I work/live in Herndon But maybe I'll be moving to Ashburn or Leesburg in the next year.
    Wanna switch? I live at home.:hs:

But Right now, traffic isn't even a concern of mine. All I have to worry about are a couple of traffic lights.

Yea....I know.
    I really never minded spending the money on gas but with the price hikes I have been concerned because if they get to high then I don't know what I'll do. I just don't want to miss out on not seeing her.

I'll get through it though

21. big 1

big 1 New Member

...........hold on a second dude. You work 5 mins from home, and you LIVE at home wiht your parents.... and you STILL cant come up with gas money?? i suggest getting more hours at work or asking for a raise. If youre that tight on money that you cant afford to have gas to see your girl, id definetly try one of the two.

22. Guz200sx

I'm gettin a raise in September (along with everyone else) and we have set hours already since its a school. One can only do so many hrs.

I'll be able to manage it. Just gotta make a plan, i guess, I'm straining the gas right now but I get paid later this week so i'm gonna fill up really big.

What do you mean you don't want to be the "HEY IM HERE, LOOK OVER HERE".. ???

23. shiba

shiba Active Member

It's really not that bad. Just think of all the money i saved the entire month from not going out on dates with her.

24. deusexaethera

Because then it wouldn't be special.