SRS I miss all my friends.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by °`°¤ø¤N¤ø¤°`°, Aug 4, 2006.

1. It seems all my friends that I had (about 20 or so) all either moved away, or got married, have their own lives now. I am very sad and alone now, someone hold me :wtc:

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

People come and go, but at some points they're just going to go. That's what I figured out during this pretty lonely summer. I was in your spot a couple years ago when everyone just moved away and I lost contact with them. You're not the only one in that situation and more people will come in sooner or later.

3. Fiya

Fiya Guest

4. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I'm kind of in that situation right now :hs: I'm married (no kids), alot of our married friends have small kids so it's not like they can just hop in the car and head over. Last summer we moved to the other side of town, so it's a field trip if we want to see anyone. Another friend went on vacation to CA 2 months ago and decided he was staying :eek5:

One thing that pisses me off though is that if I want to hear from certain friends I have to be the one to call them :sad2: If I don't make the calls, I don't hear from them. Getting together with some is almost impossible...we dont mind driving out to see them but they seem to mind the drive to come see us.

So for the most part I've given up on these people and am just focusing on the people that still stay in touch and some projects I want to accomplish. I want to get back into my art, try my hand at painting and start a photography project I've been planning/thinking about for a few years now.

My advice would be to find an activity/hobby you enjoy and just involve yourself in that. Hopefully when you least expect it some new friends may come along the way, but in the meantime keep yourself busy so you're not bored off your ass waiting for something to happen. I hope to meet more people at some point, but at the moment I pretty much don't care for too many people...especially those who want you to do all the "work" in the friendship.

:hug:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Yeah, I know how you feel. When you begin the process of going through your 20's your friends begin to drop like flies. What used to be a crazy night at the bars turns into dinner after the baby falls asleep. That's when you begin to realize who are your closest of close friends, I have a group of about 3-5 people, and that's it. Aside from "hang out" friends I randomly run into. I miss the good ole days ;) but that's life.

6. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Im the only one of all my friends that didn't end up going to college so i don't reallly see anyone or have any friends. I knowhow ya feel.

7. McFly

McFly New Member

I am going to agree with the other posters on this topic. I am 29 and am living through this EXACT thing. Most of my good friends either moved away, got married or just got so involved with their jobs they disappear.

I only have a few friends now I see on a regular basis and we literally are the last few who aren't married. Once your friends get married, they are pretty much gone, you will only see them a few times a year. Even if they say things won't change and they will still hang out, that just won't happen (with rare exceptions of course) The wife becomes the scheduler of their free time as well...:rolleyes:

It's sad because these were my best friends! And I loved spending time doing all kinds of awesome stuff with them.

You might meet a few people where you work, depends on your industry and if you want to spend your free time with co workers. The best advice, echoed above is to get into things you really enjoy- hiking, mt biking, golf. It IS a way to meet some new people, but making friends when you get older is much tougher, people get so set in their ways and aren't as open to meeting people.

Don't be afraid to do things by yourself, I go to movies, drag races, car shows, golfing, mt biking and all kinds of other stuff by myself. I am sick of waiting on other friends and their "schedules" to free up.

I do know how you feel.

8. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

^^I actually told some of my friends that marriage did not mean the end of our social lives...the only thing that was really changing was my last name and my hubby moving into my house :hs: Typically married couples are the ones who run off and ditch their friends, but in my case, it was my friends that ditched me :rofl:

But I do enjoy taking a day off from work in the middle of the week (especially during the school year) and have lunch out and take in a movie. It's kinda nice not to have to wait on someone else or hear them bitch that that's not the movie they wanted to see or whatever.

9. I especially miss my best friend that I knew since high school, she was almost like a girlfriend to me, she first kissed me when I was 23 and she was 20, I miss those days :wtc:

10. ayetofu

ayetofu New Member

the sad fact of life is that evryone comes and goes and people are born and die. its sometime very painfull at frist but you must realize that if they do not stay in your life until youdie then it means that they werent meant to spend their life time with you as a lover or as a friend. but it also mean that there will be new people coming into your life soon

11. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

I normally try to avoid adding any thing negative to threads. To the op and the rest of the people posting you are not alone. I am going through the exact same thing at the moment. I know its hard but try to look at what you have and not what you are missing.

12. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

why did you bump this 7 yr old thread