SRS I might be a woman..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FadeToBright, Mar 22, 2005.

1. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

but I don't understand them. Here's the deal..
    I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 2 years. A girl whom I have been working with for almost a year, tells me she likes me, maybe 2 days after the break up. She said she never wanted to say anything because I was so in love with my ex girlfriend.
    We started dating, had a fight, and things have been weird since. We decided to just be friends, that lasted about a week, and she was back to kissing me and hugging me.
    The other night we went to a party (I was the sober driver) My sister's fiancee followed me in his car (I was driving her car home) The whole ride home she was like "I love you, you're my best friend. You're so nice and you do so much for me" Although she was hammered. The next morning she comes to see me at work, someone had stolen $80 from her at the party. She needed it to pay her bills, of course I lend it to her. I asked her if she rememebered what she had said to me that night. She said no. I told her she said that she loved me. She then says, "My true feelings come out when I'm drunk" and she hugged me, and started to cry and said "I do..." I didn't say anything back. That's when she started acting all weird with me again.
    What do I do?

edit- I might add, we're both female. This is the first time she's liked another girl.

2. johan

johan Active Member

The fact that you and she are both female is interesting but doesn't really change things.

It still comes down to the fact of: how do you feel about her? Let's assume her statements are accurate. Whether they actually are or not...we'll get that later.

So. What do you do.

Well, let's start with, how do you feel about her?
    Like her? Like her a lot? Like her enough to want to go back into an already somewhat rocky relationship with her?

Keep in mind this is different from simply wanting a relationship because you help her in a supportive/material way. Plenty of people get into relationships for those reasons, and if you want to, that's up to you.

But those ones tend to change quickly once the partner stands more on his/her own feet and suddenly no longer needs the extra support. In fact, they tend to find it smothering and want to get out. This causes the supporter to be mystified and angry ("after all I've done for you..." etc etc)

So...what are your feelings now?

And what was the fight about, the one that interrupted the previous try at dating?

3. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I've always liked her, that's the problem. To find out she liked me all this time, I was stunned. She said she can't handle a relationship right now. Two jobs and going to school full time. her dad just passed away 5 months ago. She makes me laugh, and makes me so happy. I just don't know when she said that she loves me, if she loves me, or is IN love with me.

4. johan

johan Active Member

I've heard enough. The bolded bit of text suggests to me that you like being around her. You like yourself more when you're together, yes?

And supposedly she really feels the same way about you.
    Then you should be with her. I don't see any real red flags here.

Could you get hurt? Of course. That's true for any relationship.
    Will you? Yes, its quite likely, actually.
    Knowing that, should you continue? Yes I think you should.

You see, one of the saddest things in life is when we no longer try for love because we risk losing our heart. Love is the source of the greatest delight and because of that, the greatest despair and anguish.

Having said all that, I think you should go ahead -- but with your eyes fully open.

good luck to you

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think both signs are on green, so you should give it a go.

However i feel there are some 'stability' issues. I don't want you both to be with eachother meaning it only to get into another fight the next day to yell at eachother in terms like ' bitch i hate you and never want to see you again'. To prevent this i would just go out with her and do romantic small things, and apply that during your entire relationship. You must be one lucky princess in her loving you and you loving her. :)

I would definitly keep on to this one, however i would try to be aware of her possibly flipping out one day, and i would try to keep things going nice and easy. I think Stability is the key if you catch my grip.