SRS I messed up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Franco, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Franco

Franco New Member

I am involved with a really nice girl. Been together for 6 months now, however I have feelings for her friend. And I was more interested in her friend the day I met them both, it just happened that I went with the current girl because the friend has a boyfriend.

Now I feel like shit for being such an asshole to my girlfriend, I assumed it would be just casual dating, nothing serious. But today she told me she loved me. And I couldnt say the same to her,,, but I still did.

What to do?

2. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Stop lying... The longer you hold her to something that is already "doomed" is unfair to her. Here is the deal, you feel like you don't want to hurt her, so you say "I love you". Think though, isn't that worse than breaking up? You don't have feelings for her. You could also be honest and say you're ONLY up for casual dating. It's interesting though, because I'm pretty sure you not going to tell her so her friend doesn't think you're a bad person. Again, 'cause you don't want to lose your "chance" to date her. Honesty is the best thing in this situation - just be prepared for neither of them to be around after you confess.

3. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Yeah your going to be the dick no matter what you do now. I'd suggest that you back out now before it gets really bad.

4. chickenfeather

chickenfeather New Member

Quit trying to fool this girl and just break up already. The longer you stay the more it's going to hurt her.

5. OniMinion

Hmmm... A way more concise way of putting it than me.

That is just it though - it WILL blow up, it's up to the OP to perform damage control by reacting sooner rather than later.

6. Franco

Franco New Member

I didnt say the words I love you, I just said same here. Bad, I know. I do have feelings for her, I just cant see ourselves together in a year from now, I like her alot.

7. OniMinion

:uh:
    I didn't say I love you, I said same here. Same damn thing.

8. Franco

Franco New Member

But I dont want to hurt her, really. She is great, its just my fucked up brain telling me I want something else. I cant do it, I cant just tell her its over now.