I may very well be leaving the mobile detailing biz.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JRock10, Nov 21, 2007.

1. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:wtc:

[And going stationary! A local car shop here has offered me the chance to lease some space to set up shop. They do wheels/tires, lifts, lower, audio/video, paint, and would like to include detailing there as well! Wish me luck or pray for some guidance or however you do it :x: He's asking $500/mo and this includes water/power. I'm really excited about doing this, so I'm hoping all will come thru. :coold:]

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I only do about $500 a month, well that the government knows about anyways.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

weeelllll. you know. I try to report everything on paper. I think I've had an exterior wash fall thru the cracks, but that's about it.

4. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Sounds good!

I currently do mobile detailing. I have an enclosed trailer that I take around to the jobsites. Next year I'm getting a van with a similar setup and also building a 40x80 shop with 3 bays and a showroom for products.

This time of the year in Illinois I don't do mobile at all. I already winterized my trailer for winter. With a fixed location I would still have constant business. Right now I just take vehicles back to my garage and do them. I really need more room though.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If I went to a fixed location, I'd probably lose a lot of my customers. :dunno:

Hope it works out for you. :)

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

I can understand for you. Then again, you also have the 8+ year reputation :bigthumb: I haven't quite built up that much yet. I could still do my bi-weekly setup at the school i was going to, but time will tell.

7. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

You could also have a set schedule where you are doing the mobile a certain amount of days and then be in the shop the rest. I know of a few people that do that and it works good for them.