I may tap out, but atleast I'm fresh...

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by rtzcom, Jul 23, 2008.

1. rtzcom

rtzcom bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~

I never even noticed the cage had its own training logs...so let me start mine. I shall log my training, and maybe even some heads up on the new line of soaps we're developing for combat athletes.

I train 3 times a week, and I'm looking to add a day working on the bags, and lifting weights.

So yesterday I was really frustrated with my ground game. I've been catching people in triangle chokes and guillotines, but fail to sink them in correctly. I spent so much energy that I gassed out so bad in the middle of rolling. I was spent and I needed to walk out of class for air. I'm getting burned out, and my old bad habits are coming back. My coaches decided to start having me do drills extensively before I roll.

I took a 1 hour break, and went ahead to attend muay thai class. My MT trainer had me focus on my kicks, and worked on getting my form perfect. They had noticed during previous sparring sessions that my kicks keep on getting better, and I've been catching a lot of guys with it nicely. That compliment felt really good after my grappling fiasco.

We also worked on the clinch, pummelling, and knees.

I held up pads for this cute girl, whom had also asked to grab some ice cream with her before class. She held up the kicking shield for me, and I focused on getting my kicking form correct...rather than blasting the girl through the wall. I was made fun of by the guys for not putting any power in my kicks, but fuck that atleast she's liking my company.

I had a real good conversation with my trainers after class. I told them my frustrations, and they each gave me some great advice and encouragement to keep going. I would usually leave last to help mop the mats, but unfortunately I had to run out early last night.

2. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

pics of ice cream girl or gtfo

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

4. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

5. rtzcom

you were supposed to ask for nudes

OT is losing its edge.

6. rtzcom

on the right

[​IMG]

7. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

:rofl: Didn't actually expect you to come through.

:coold:

8. MyLittleAirport

9. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

now nudes

10. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Ice cream BEFORE class? No wonder you didn't want to go hard!

11. rtzcom

Had an ice cream cookie after grappling, and before MT class. I gobbled the thing in a minute, and let the thing digest for a good hour.

I wanted to go hard, but she was holding up the pads for me. Last thing I want is to kick a girl in the rib because she didn't hold up the pads correctly.

Plus she paid for ice cream...how could I turn that down LOL

12. MyLittleAirport

Nudes of you.

13. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

chech has them

14. rtzcom

Grappling class today was all drills. We worked passing closed and butterfly guards, arm bars, and triangle chokes.

Did 4 rounds of sparring kickboxing, and to sum it up...I got banged up pretty hard. Instructor broke my bad habits by blasting my leg ala Forrest on Rampage. That wasn't fun at all.

15. rtzcom

More drills today, including single leg takedowns

16. rtzcom

I attended american kickboxing class in an attempt to work my hands more. I don't usually attend this class, but I went in anyway to work with my kickboxing/boxing instructor.

Did some mitt work, and I felt kinda awkward throwing my spinning backfist. It's been awhile since I've thrown it, but my instructor tells me I'm doing it just fine. I'm throwing a knee right after it quite smoothly...so I'm pretty happy.

I also got to test a new soap formulation we created. Originally intended to cleanse, disinfect, and cool the human genitalia after training...this version of the soap worked remarkably well for the whole body. This should be a really popular item.

Tomorrow I do mma and muay thai class.

17. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

want to send me some of that soap :x:

18. rtzcom

I think your on my list for samples. You did send me a pm right?

Diet-wise, I recently bought a jug of muscle milk, and joint supplements. Been eating a lot of chicken and fish too.

19. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

Samples?

20. rtzcom

Did some passing drills, sweeps, and an annoying new choke.

Rolled around and got choked 90% of the time. Sucked, but I did accomplish my goals for the day which was to get good mount positions, and backs. Instructor said I was moving around better now.

Muay thai was painful since my instructor had me focus on kicks and teeps. I'm turning into my hips better when I kick, and my feet are staying in position before and after I throw. Worked on getting my hips more when I throw teeps as well.

Clinch work to end the class....and got some ice cream with the girl from class :)

21. rtzcom

Grappling was kinda meh today...since only 2 of us showed up for class. MT was way better as I've begun doing combos with my newfound kicking form. I still have a bad habit of rotating on the ball of my foot as I kick, but it will be gone soon.

Instructor had me working on my referencing...to help me from being smothered with punches. So that plus the teeps should keep me from being pushed into the corner and blasted with punches.

22. rtzcom

I rolled like stupid today and got choked everytime. Felt frustrating because I was feeling like the slowest learner at the gym. Everyone else was improving their game and here I was still being a dumbfuck.

But I then realized that I put myself in very favorable ground positions for MMA. I did more sweeps than usual, and mounted my opponent often and very well (my knees behind the armpits). He tried to buck me but to my surprise I locked my hooks in automagically...so I'm starting to do things like second nature now.

I'm also learning to make more openings for subs, and I'm already learning how to abort a sub attempt, and move into something else.

Did some sparring today in both boxing and muay thai. Boxed with way taller guys, and I've impressed myself by having the balls to go inside to do some close range striking. I used to always just move away from striking distance, leaving me with no useable range. My weaving has improved, and I've dodged at lot of crosses thrown at me...and moved in to throw in a lot of punches to the body. I got props from both of the boxers I sparred with.

MT sucked because I was back to fighting a guy about my size. My mind was set to fight the bigger guys...and left so much holes in my game. My sparring ended when I caught a rear leg kick to my solar plexus. I spit out my mouthpiece...raised my arms and breathed in fucking pain.

In other news...ice cream girl was wearing really short shorts today...and damn she has such a nice ass.

23. rtzcom

I started rolling with a couple of new bjj guys. I'm still getting blasted, but I've learned so much in such a short period of time. I cannot wait to study bjj seperately. I however see the differences when rolling pure bjj, and for mma.

I was rolling with a white belt, who was very aggressive and went for every submission he could find. He did catch me in an RNC, which I was hoping for so I could try out the new counter I learned. It worked real nice, and it made a huge difference when you don't panic, focus on the technique, and breathe even while the choke is sunk. He was working the choke for a good minute, and just let it go lol. He did catch me in an armbar that he cranked real fast and hard. I hate that shit, and I really thought for a second my arm was going to give.

I also learned that one of the guys training for a fight in my gym injured his spleen...so no go on fighting and training for a month. I feel sorry for him since he trained real hard for his upcoming fight. Made a mental note to myself to keep really hydrated no matter what.

24. rtzcom

I went back to the gym after a one week hiatus to get some soap stuff done, rest my gimpy knee, and wait for some dough to come in so that I can pay my gym fees :o.

Rolling was alright and did passing and counter drills. I rolled with one of the BJJ guys and I'm doing much better. I caught him by surprise with a quick scoot to butterfly guard with all my under hooks in from the dig, but I didn't sweep him over to a mount. I just stayed there clamped in and rejoiced at my feat of pulling the guard lol. The guys were laughing so it was cool.

I'm also shuffling guards much effectively now, and I'm making it much tougher for guys to pass and mount. I'm also using my size now as an advantage to shoot my legs into little openings to pull half guard while a guy is in the middle of passing my closed and open guards which was pretty cool.

Once I get more funds coming in, I will finally be able to buy a gi and sign up at the BJJ place.

Since the muay thai coach didn't show up, I was asked by one of the girls to do kickboxing with her. I started throwing high kicks to her face to get her hands up. She didn't enjoy it, but I think she learned her lesson.

Did some stretches, falling drills, and more stretches to make me comfortable with awkward positions on the ground.

Looks like I'll be filling in for the guy who had to stop training, and start working with my coaches and the other younger guys who are preparing for fights. I'll be sparring with a kid this week to prepare him for his fight this weekend at the bronx. Then I'll be the official grappling dummy for my main coach as he prepares for a tournament on the 28th.

Feels good to be one of the more well-rounded students in the gym, but at the same time it puts a lot of pressure on me to get the guys trained at the level they're used to with the other guy. I'll make the most out of the opportunity though and not let things get into my head.

Going back to the gym also helped me fight the anxiety and depression episodes I've been getting while I was away. I feel refreshed and feel human again. Also brought back my focus and self-confidence to keep on pushing harder at this pretty tough stage in my life.

Then I took a shower with Fight Soap, and holy crap I feel so much cleaner and sexier. :hsugh:

Thank you sir.

25. rtzcom

Today was bittersweet.

On the ground I wasn't pulling off any submissions as usual, and was pretty much everybodys favorite guy to choke out...as usual. I'm used to that by now. My coach however told me that I'm rolling better, and he liked the way I'm getting more agile on my back. I think it's time for me shift gears and start aggressively looking for submissions while grappling.

One of the guys actually called me the spider. lol

Sparring MMA broke my heart. My standup was ugly. I sparred with this new kid who shot on me...and I didn't even sprawl. He picked me up and kinda slammed me on the mat in front of everyone. I managed to get him with a lot of punches to the midsection, head, and face while we were on the ground. If it were a match I believe I could have won the round by points or ref stoppage at that point. The round ended with me pinned down bad (kid was literally pinning down one of my arms with his knee)...and my face eating leather. It sucked. I was also gassing out.

A lot of the guys seemed to have expected a lot more from me, and were let down with my performance. Even my coach sat me down and gave me some stern instruction. It made me feel like a runt again....and that my skills are going nowhere, while everybody else is getting better. I'm also getting paranoid that my coach is kinda losing hope with me of becoming a good fighter.

I think this is what I get for not attending class for a week.

I have to skip class again, as I'm driving this weekend to visit my grandfather in Missouri. He's in the hospital and is in bad shape. I think this was one reason why my heart wasn't into it this evening. I dunno.