I may have fucked up at prom

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Swipe, May 24, 2005.

1. Swipe

Swipe New Member

Prom was coming up and I had no one to go with, and then this girl I know asked another girl I know to go with me, without my consent. So she says yes, she will go with me as a friend. We make the usual preparations and everything is set.

Prom arrives and we go and have fun, I acted like a gentleman and not a fool (except on the dance floor). We talked alot and had alot of fun and towards then end of the night during some of the slow dances she would pull me close and I really felt a connection.

Then we went to afterprom which was pretty cool, I let her win at shit and we had a good time.

Now as to how I fucked up. We were driving around for a few hours after afterprom (which may be one word, i dunno :p) and then we came to a stop and starting talking. We were just sitting there in a parking lot alone so i... did nothing. :(

We were supposed to be there as friends so I didn't feel right trying anything. But I think she may have seen that as an act of disinterest. So anyway we finally went home and I didn't kiss her goodbye or anything.

The next day comes and it goes by as usual, but the more I talk to her the less I think she's interested. She talks all the time about these people from bands she knows and people she meets at parties. I'm not terribly social like that and I kind of feel below her, even though I've been told I'm not. That and she's really really beautiful.

I want to tell her about my feelings, but I dont want to fuck up our friendship. Does anyone know of a way I can pull this off? Maybe soe females remember something their mate did when he first asked them out?

Sorry to ramble on, but I have two plans to tell her how I feel.

1. Simply give her call and tell her.

2. Invite her to do something with me but get a little drunk first and tell her then. Then if she shoots me down I can say it was the alcohol talking and hope for our normal relationship to resume.

Thanks for reading this, and I would appreciate any help.

2. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

You're a guy and are worried about "fucking up a friendship"? HAhahahaha, what's that all about? Ask her to do something and make a move when you're both alone. And forget about the alcohol, that usually just ruins things.

3. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

don't use alcohol as an excuse for anything. its only gonna amplify the situation and maybe even make it 10x worse if she shuts you down.

4. beanolo

:wtf:

What does being a guy have to do with friendship? :ugh:

5. symptic

symptic I run companies

Ask her if she wants to join you when you go to some pizza joint somewhere.

Yes = she's interetsed, or REALLY loves the semi-warm and yucky pizza
    No = Case solved

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

dude, if you are in hs, this is easy. find a mutual friend and talk to them about her. id bet she'll find out before the day is over....use the power of gossip.

or man up and just ask her out on a date. hs just ended, chances are, you wont even remeber he name a year from now.

you didnt mess anything up be being a gentleman on prom. congrats for being a decent guy.

7. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

:rofl: It's quite rare for a guy to think about the friendship.

8. Louis M

Louis M New Member

could you go more into detail about this

9. toddjohan

toddjohan As seen on ABC's 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show

I vote 2, alcohol is ALWAYS a sweet excuse!

10. Kinga

Kinga Guest

In order for alcohol to be an excuse... you got to forget about it the next day and go on with your friendship. Hell I've done it and it worked a treat after I was rejected. Simply next time you see her "shit i got a killer hangover I can hardly remember last night". Sweet!

11. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

Sorry I don't have any advice to give you, but that would be much easier to read if you said post-prom instead of afterprom.

12. beanolo

With age comes knowledge. Soon you'll realize its not all about just "getting some" :)

13. beanolo

Sure, that you're using alcohol as an "excuse" for you're actions. "Oh, I didn't mean that, I was drunk, haha"... That's plain retarded. Be a man, and deal with it sober. With 2 people drunk, both outlooks are clouded, and alot of things could be misinterpreted while drunk. Sure it looks like the easy way to handle situations, but thats only because you're not man enough to deal with it sober.

14. Kinga

Kinga Guest

All this stuff about being a man is utter crap! Do what needs to be done I say. It's the same way with having a small dick only you care.

15. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

quoted for utter UNTruff!!! :ugh:

16. aSiAnRiCk

aSiAnRiCk New Member

take her out somewhere ... and if you still have feelings for her afterward, then tell her about it.

after a long night of dancing at prom, you may get a little too excited because of all the fun and regret you were only doing it as friends ... and you wanted more.

next time, take her out to something more quite/calm ... like a dinner date ... and see if she's still the one

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

dude are you gay

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

DO NOT TELL HER. geeze. how many times do you people have to be told...
    go out with her. hold her hand, put your arm around her. if she pulls away, shes not interested. If she looks up at you and smiles, well she definitely is. If its somewhere in between, you have to figure it out. Thats all you need. Do NOT sit her down for some serious talk about your feelings for her.

19. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

swipe, i am in an identical situation.

20. aeroflyre

aeroflyre Guest

Serious talks are kinda weird. You want it to just flow. Like others said, just ask her out - something simple. No "date" stuff (ie. dinner and movie), that's for couples once they are established as the old standby for the night.

21. JustinH

JustinH New Member

trying to kiss girls is seriously not a big deal. When you are that age it seems huge, but just go for it. If she doesn't go for it, then whatever.

Shove her aside and see what her friend looks like.

I don't know how old you are or whatever, but I would just invite her for dinner, or somewhere to have a few drinks. Drinks and dinner are good dates if you want to get laid.

Drinks are better than dinner.

22. just ask her if she wants to go out sometime...