I made my lover cry this weekend :(

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I bought us a pair of lobsters on Saturday. I love lobsters (and so should you, unless you're a vagitarian).

As you know, usually you drop them alive into steam or boiling water. They undergo a lot of pain in the process, so Emily suggested that we look up a more humane method on the interwebz. The humane execution of a lobster involves piercing its brain rapidly and then rotating the knife downwards, slicing it in half. It's about as quick as you can hope for and prevents a great deal of suffering.

Being a great person :bigthumb:, I decided to take the ethically superior route and kill it prior to cooking.

I then performed what was probably the most concentred act of evil in my entire life :hs: ... I don't think I've ever caused so much suffering to a living being in so short a period of time... I stabbed the lobster's shell all wrong, just pinning it to the cutting board without killing it.

The lobster suffered SO MUCH pain as a result that its tail convulsed back and forth spastically for the next 40 seconds... not in the automatic twitchy way lobsters do when they are already dead, but in the "OMG! AHHHH!! GET THIS KNIFE OUT OF MY EXOSKELETON!!!" way that they do when being brutally tortured to death. Emily said "Oh my god," and sat on the couch, "I think I'm going to cry."

I was like "Ummm :ugh: :barf:," myself just standing there with this crustacean freaking out at the end of my butcher knife... while Emily sobbed for about 20 minutes, ~5 of them in the fetal position. :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think they really have a nervous system, let me check brb.
    I remember being back home in New England and we went for lobster, they put it in the pot and it screamed, I didn't understand at the time that that noise is just air bubbles moving through the shell, and I was inconsolable for weeks

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Yep, lobsters don't feel pain. They respond to stimulus, but like fish and insects, they don't actually 'hurt'

4. JohnJohnJohnson

wat. that's wonderful news. link?

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I guess I have two things to say:

First, unless you're deliberately torturing an animal, probably something similar has happened to one in the wild. I'm sure that whatever eats lobster out in the ocean doesn't always kill it immediately.

Second, if the lady friend was worried/upset/concerned about seeing it killed or in pain...I would have offered to let her wait in another room or do something else so she doesn't have to see it being done.

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

http://www.lobsterinstitute.org/index.php?page=22

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

We had family friends who were crabbers back home, I always ate crabs/lobsters/muscles, and this bugged me for years :(

8. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

the fuck?

she's gonna eat it and then cry about how it's being killed? :ugh:

i hate to say this but....women are so fucking weird
    should have snapped that sucker in half and said "here's dinner babe...eat up"

9. JohnJohnJohnson

OF COURSE we ate the lobster! She also said it was the best lobster she'd ever had brutality aside.

Gosh imagine if we had tortured the thing to death and then NOT eaten it. Bad + bad.

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

if she really cared that much... she should have left. that would have saved her alot of pain, and you alot of pain.

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

wikipedia has conflicting reports of lobsters feeling pain. however there is this awesome tidbit

that's almost $4000 USD to kill a lobster in 5 seconds.

12. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

It's just a lobster..... Do you think crawfish feel pain also when you boil them too? It's nothing, I can't believe this bothers people.

13. fray

fray New Member

Bothers me. I would've cried too.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I saw a guy kill a lobster wrong on an episode of Queer Eye For the Straight guy. The poor thing twitched and convulsed around like nothing I'd ever seen before :hs:

Wait, they don't feel pain?

What about crabs? Boiling them live has got to suck if they feel pain.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How do we know they don't actually feel pain and that's not just propaganda from the seafood industry?

16. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

I accidentally killed a lizard when I was 17 and I cried.

17. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Why didn't you take the knife out, hold it down, and stab the correct spot instead of just letting it flop around for 40 seconds?

18. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

hm. not a big deal i wouldnt think, however, i know there are people very sensative to animal (or crustation) cruelty/suffering.

glad it all turned out :bigthumb:

glad the lobster was the best ever btw!:mamoru:

19. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UK-kbt6O6RQ

dudes a pro :eek3:

i'm watching dozens of lobsters getting boiled and stabbed, and i didn't hear any of them scream. anyone have a good video with audio of this happening?

20. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

wowza....:wiggle:

21. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

uh YEAH

I wouldn't beat my cow to death with a sock full of woodscrews, but I have no problem eating a steak.

22. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I really can't stand when girls are that emotional about stuff.. I understand the whole loving animals thing but I mean.. Does she cry when a spider kills a fly? It's the food chain... Fortunately we're close to the top.

There have already been plenty of good posts in this thread.. If she knew it might bother her to see the crustacean die, why did she stand there watching in awe?

23. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

So she curled up into the fetal position and cried for a lobster (who don't pain mind you) and then ate it?

:rofl:

Give me a break.

24. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: It's a little different if you are watching the animal die and suffer right in front of you (whether or not they actually feel pain). I would never want to go out and kill my own food but I have no problem eating something that someone else killed.

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I used to feel for the crabs we caught/killed. Did you have similar experiences on your farm?