I love twist-lock plugs.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Jun 1, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

What a great concept -- a plug that you literally cannot yank out by accident. Not so great for vaccuum cleaners, I suppose, but great for anything else. Also, Home Depot sells really nice modular plugs made by Pass & Seymour; they're nice and solid, and the cord clamp is covered by a snap-on rubber grip, unlike other brands that leave the clamp exposed. I dunno, something about having exposed metal on a high-voltage plug kinda creeps me out, even if I know it's not necessarily touching anything live.

Just wanted to get that out there.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

We use in the lighting industry all the time - you can imagine the disaster of yanking out a plug 50 feet above the stage with a set on it. Same with concerts etc...

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I'm surprised Doc hasn't jumped in on this; he usually has something to say about my electrical threads. He must be sleeping off a round of golf or something. :fawk:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i use em in the warehouse on some of my 100ft 20a extension cords. traditionally I don't think they're appropriate for MOST devices. But in certain instances, they make sense.

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

And as a side note, they aren't available for everything.. 20A I *believe* is the minimum.

I sell twist-lock devices and cords by the pallet load..