GUN I LOVE my 17l - aka range report

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KGB ate my bread, Jan 26, 2009.

1. KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread Made you look. OT Supporter

no dslr today, so all you've got is shitty cell phone pics.

Buddy wanted to go shoot my pistol after we'd done some work at his house so we went to academy and bought 100rds.

We each shot 3 magazines; the first 2 magazines were at 5yds, the third magazine was at 10yds.

Here are the results!

1st magazine I decided to try a grouping around my 1st shot, the last 2 were at the head:

[​IMG]

2nd magazine at 5yds, I decided to shoot as his heart because I realized that I shot at the wrong side of the target's chest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My buddy was doing pretty good too with his 2nd magazine as well. We know these were the shots because we used an ink pen to mark each shot after we fired a magazine.

[​IMG]

After this, we stepped back 5 yds and shot a magazine. The last 2 I intentionally shot at his head just to see if I could hit it, and I did :big grin:

[​IMG]

I'm really starting to do a good job of shooting. not as tight of groupings as I want to see still, but I'm still very happy with how the day turned out. I also am shooting quicker and not having to spend 15+ seconds to line my sights up and properly aquire my target.

I'd post pics from my previous outings, but I know you guys aren't too interesting in seeing how bad I shoot :big grin:

Anyways, I'm thrilled. This was my 5th time shooting the gun (I've gone once a week since I bought it), and only my 7th time to ever shoot a pistol.

I couldn't be happier, and I can only hope to continue to improve :big grin:

Btw, here are some thumbnails of pics of the targets taken with my DSLR in case anyone cares
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

17|?

edit: saw your name. you're the dude with the Glock 17 LOOOOOooooooong

:rofl:

3. KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread Made you look. OT Supporter

:werd:

long slide is long. If it were any longer, some members of this forum might complain :mamoru2: