LGBT I Love MTV

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, May 17, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

They just did an awesome 1/2 hour look at Gay marriage and conducted their own polls of their viewers' opinions on the subject and now, they are doing a 1/2 hour special on Danny Roberts from The Real World New Orleans (Danny = :yum: :drool: :yum: ), and they are going to reveal his boyfriend who is/was a captain in the U.S. Army.

2. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

isnt danny not his real name? A guy i know once said it was really randy. I also kept hearing all this b.s. from him about his b/f being the manager of the abercrombie in downtown seattle. :dunno:

3. NOVAJock

Don't know. I always liked Danny because out of all the gay cast members that appeared in the Real World, I think he was the most influential in getting people to realize that we don't all prance around in high heels and dresses. He helped people realize that a lot of homosexuals look and act just like everyone else out there and you can't tell homosexuals apart just by their appearance and mannerisms. It also helped that he's a hottie too. :o

His bf though.... :ugh:

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. NOVAJock

Wow, that was an awesome episode. I guess I now have a different opinion on the "don't ask don't tell" policy.

If any of you get a chance to see it, you'll enjoy it. Time to hit the gym...

6. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Any idea when they will replay those shows?

7. NOVAJock

Nope. You might want to go to their web site.

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I personally like the "MADE" episode where the white girl wants to be a R & B dancer. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: "I don't think I should have to change who I am!" Although that is the point of the gosh darn show. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

I can't believe the parents let their 7 year olds dance like that. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Oh we're talking about the other thing. Didn't watch it. I have problems watching things that are centered around homosexuality. :hs:

It's like centering a show around people with brown hair that happen to have a size 11 shoe. :hs:

The best are the shows that make it seem like every gay is a victim of every straight person. :ugh:

Although this just sounds ok I guess. If it's on I'll watch it, but I'm never home between primetime MTV replaying so I dn't know if that will happen. :wiggle:

9. NOVAJock

Actually, you may want to give some of these shows a chance. A lot of them can be extremely enlightening and educational.

The first show was awesome in that they conducted a lot of polls and research to find out where American's are in terms of acceptance as it relates to gay marriages.

The second show was excellent in that I learned a lot about the "do not tell" policy in the military and what it's like for gay servicemen to have to keep quiet about who they are out of fear of retaliation in their corp, or expulsion all together.

Movies like "And The Band Played On", focuses on AIDS and the gay community back in the eighties. EXTREMELY enlightening and educational.

Don't become like a lot of the straight people out there - who shut themselves off from certain media because they don't want to hear it or they're too afraid to hear it.

Keep you eyes, ears and mind open and develop the wisdom to keep what you need and toss out that which you don't.

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

MTV, and more recently VH1, has been doin a great job in creating educational and entertaining queer programming. I think it has to do with its ties to the once-cemented OUTlook channel. But I totally forgot to tivo it, so I need to put it in my palm to remind me...

Also, if you have time, check out VH1's 'Totally Gay' and part 2, 'Totally Gay-er'...:bigthumb:

Thanks for the heads up NOVA!