I love her twice as much when she's wet... (ws)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jesse_Boyer, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

playing around with the digicam at work.

[​IMG]

brief overview:
    1996 Impala SS
    KMC Stealth 20" rims
    Clarion VRX935 indash DVD

it's my daily-driver, so it'll stay pretty much stock. I may to full exhaust and an intake just to free up a few, but it's staying NA. I'm tired of NOT driving my Formula...

2. SSICK WX3

SSICK WX3 New Member

Nice any more pics? Come on you cant leave it totally stock. mine runs pretty good now for what i've done.
    Home depot mod
    TB bypass
    K&N cone
    X-pipe - Flows - 2 1/4 tailpipes w/o resonators
    Msd wires and coil
    fresh plugs and opti
    Best 14.50 94mph 140,000 miles

Nice rims!

3. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

it's a possibility. I've got to get my other LT1 back on the road and then i'll worry about modding this one.

Mod list for the 1994 Formula:
    LT1 bored .040 over,
    Stage 3 LT1 heads
    GM crank, Crower rods, JE slugs (8.9x:1 CR)
    heads/block are o-ringed and using copper gaskets
    Turbonetics (T76 Turbo, Racegate, Godzilla BOV)
    McLeod ST
    Enough fuel for 750-775 hp... just have to finish it.... All thats left is getting the bugs out and tune it.

The worst part is, I've completely lost the will to work on it.

4. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

Nice Ride! I'm working on modding mine.

96 Dark Cherry Met.
    Home depot mod
    K&N
    2.5 inch Pipes with Flowmasters no resontators
    about to put in 3.73's and an eaton posi :x:

5. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

any sound clips with the 2-1/2's and flows? I'd like to hear that, if possible...

What kind of R's will you be turning with the 3.73's? Any idea what it'll do to your mpg? what about 3.42's?

just curious...

6. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Also, anyone interested in these wheels? I'm debating on a set of 22's :)

They cost me ~2600 +shipping and I'd let them go for 2100 + shipping. Less than 4k miles on these and they are as mind as when i took them out of the boxes. ZERO blemishes. I've had them less than 6 months (reciept is in the car). they are KMC Stealth 20 x 8.5 (i think they are 8.5 wide) with 255's. Stock overall size so your speedo is dead-on

7. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

No sound clip at the moment sorry, I went with the 50 series delta flow SUV mufflers (those are the ones that flowmaster recomends) cause i didnt want it as loud as the 40 series i had on my chevelle. But when you get on it it sounds agressive and quiets down when you are at cruise. My friends think it sounds mean as hell.

From what i have found out the rpm at 75-80 should be about 400 higher with 3.73's than what i cruise at right now which is about 2000 RPM. The MPG drop is only about 2-3 from what i understand, which when im just cruising will drop me from about 26 down to 23 so im fine with that. I havent considered 3.42 since from what i have read its not a big enough jump from the stock 3.08 to make it worth it.

8. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Good info.

also, what speeds do you run when you're pulling 26 mpg? I haven't hit over 22.5 since I've it. I always run 90-93 octane, so I'm pretty sure i'm not losing any to knock-retard.

9. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

I use 87 octane, and when i get 26 i'm usually just cruising on the highway at about 70-75 and i usually baby it up to that speed. But reg driving i avg 20, again also babied. But when i decide to have fun once in a while it goes down and fast...gotta move 4200 lbs :big grin:

10. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Not sure what's right, but I think my aluminum headed LT1 in my Formula is supposed to have "premium" fuel. If it starts knocking, then the knock sensor will pull out gobs of timing and you'll be down plenty of power. Take it for what's it's worth as I'm not sure.

Ever considered going to a 6-speed in your SS? I'm entertaining the idea, but I'll most likely just buy another one that has already been converted.

11. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

yeah your formula lt1 is programed for premium. The stock SS is programed for 87 so it will run just fine. From what i have read if you use premium in the SS, the computer wont let the engine take advantage of it since it isnt programed for it. The vette's i know are programed for the higher octane, not sure about the camaros or trans ams.

Oh and yes! i have considered and am still pondering the idea of a T-56 6 speed swap. but i think before that im gonna do some engine work and get some more power to the wheels so i can blow the trans and have an excuse to do the swap.