SRS I love drinking

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Univeros, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Univeros

Univeros New Member

I dont know what id do if there wasnt alcohol...that said, i only drink on Weekends, but i drink to get drunk...I think its more to do with my way of life...I dont need more alcohol, i dont let it control my life more than on the weekends, and only once at that...So is that bad, is that addicted? Addicted to me would be everyday, thinking about it all the time?
    Once a day in the week? Nah....If i where to stop, id have nothing to look forward to, thats the problem, otherwise id stop in a second(at least im quite sure i would):beer:

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd: dude thats what you gotta work on.

there's nothing wrong with getting smashed on weekends with your friends imo, but you gotta have something going for you or it'll take over. avoid drinkin alone too we've all done it

3. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

So on the weekends you do let it control you?

Ya that could be a problem.

4. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I always say, if you think you might have a problem, you most likely do. I'm not saying you're really addicted, but it definitely could get worse.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

The really goofy thing about alcoholism is that it usually affects most people over time. It's not like one day I woke up and thought, "OH FUCK....I caught the disease". It doesn't work like that. It's much more subtle.

Think of a woman being pregnant, she's no more pregnant 9 months after she conceives, it just shows more. So, you might be at the early stages of alcoholism but you might just be a normal drinker who occasionally over indulges. Many non-alcoholics do this and give up drinking later. Many others go on to full blown alcoholism. Unfortunately science hasn't been able to devise a test to tell one definitively whether or not they're alcoholic.