I love Blackfire

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by is2scooby, Nov 17, 2004.

1. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

cliffs - Tired of other LSP's and am going back to BF for its look and durability.

I've been trying a few different LSP's lately. Tried EX-P for the past 6 months and before that jumped on the NXT bandwagon, and quickly jumped off.

I recently took a 2 week business trip and had to leave my beloved auto outside. When I returned, the EX-P I had on for the past month or so, was completely gone. :wtc:

On the other hand the BF that I had on my significant others car for the past 5 months is still beading and looking great.

So yesterday I went back to BF and can't be happier. The application process is definitely more difficult than NXT or EX-P (or the #26 I used for years). It's smear-y and takes forever to dry/cure. But once it does, it looks great both on my silver car and the black/ dark cars it was designed for.

I think for me I'm gonna deal with the slightly more difficult application process and reap the durability rewards. :)

2. MattZ28

MattZ28 New Member

I need to try that stuff :) I heard it's very similar to Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. Does anyone else sell it besides CMA?

3. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

That's the only place I've found it.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

aka Patrick from autopia (who is a pro detailer in SoCal) also loves Blackfire but also says it is more difficult to use than most products. Due to that, even though I intend to try it for myself, it would probably be something I'd use on my own car only. Professionally, unless a product is so superior everyone will notice it right off the bat, it makes more sense to stick with user friendly products.

BTW, a better comparison would be to have EX-P and Blackfire on the same car, or at least the same brands...except for Mercedes. I used to detail two S Class Mercedes (an S55 and an S500). Both black, both lived in the same neighborhood and both had offices right off the freeway. The S55 would bead at least 10-12 weeks no matter what I used on it, the S500 would bead 4-5 weeks no matter what I used on it. Go figure. :dunno: I've also noticed that GM SUVs tend to bead for a very long time so I if I want to compare products, like I am doing with #16 and Carnauba Moose, I picked two identical Escalades since beading is very consistant with them. I won't do it again with Mercedes.

BTW, post pics of your car with Blackfire!

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Scott, what else do you know about those two mercedes? Perhaps one was left out and the other garaged? :dunno: Seems very odd the huge difference in beading :confused: Very weird..... :hsugh:

6. Scottwax

Both were garaged. It is normal when a paint job in near the end of its useful life to stop beading more quickly than normal but this S500 was a 2000. :dunno:

7. MattZ28

MattZ28 New Member

Scott, I haven't found anything to continually bead on my paint after 3-4 washes. Natty's seems to hold up the best though (beading the same after several washes). Every other product I've tried, it greatly diminishes after the first wash. I've learned to live with it....as long as the surface is still slick, looks good, and crap washes off easily, I know it's protected.

8. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Yeah i knew that, but that is really weird :confused: Who knows :dunno: but very interesting.

9. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

I tired the BF and EX-P on the same car (mine). Paint is in new/excellent condition, plus the semi-full prep I did, both for the EX-P and the BF. The car is garaged during the day and out at night. Where I live, thre are quite a few showers nightly, so just about everyday I have a good sense of how my sealant is holding up. BF seems to have amazing durability.

It really is pretty difficult to use. The application is pretty easy, but there is an extended wait time required for the sealant to dry/cure. I try to wait for a minimum of 3 hours and optimally let it sit for 12 hours.

I'll try to host the pics, but on my car it doesn't make much difference as it's silver, and hard to see differences in pics. Maybe I'll post of my significant others' car as it's only been BF'ed since birth and it's black. :)

10. Scottwax

How about Meguiars #16? Natty's is more durable than I expected from a beauty wax but #16 is noticably better.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Denny Crane.

I like the BF too. Really lasts well it seems, since I've neglected my car for the last few months here. Topped with P21S, that I'm sure didn't survive the whole Summer, the car still looks great when washed.

12. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I love blackfire. Too expensive for me though--won't be reordering :(

13. MattZ28

MattZ28 New Member

Scott - #16's beading dies down greatly after the 2nd or 3rd wash. I don't know if it's my paint? The water I'm using? Dunno...because Zaino doesn't bead at all after 2 washes either. It's something I've learned to live with and I experiment/re-seal every week or two, so it's not a very big deal. (Yes, even with work I still make time. Last night I S&W'd, AIO'd, and UPP'd starting at 10 and finished at 11:30 :p)