SRS I loath kids

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Specious, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Specious

Specious New Member

They're cute and cuddly, but once they reach their adolescence and start conjugating verbs and sentences, that's when it gets unbearable. My nephews are at that age where they're smart asses and do everything humanly possible to push the right buttons and make you feel angry. This past weekend, I was at the end of my tether and wanted to physically punch one of them in the face. I know this is partly due to my inept personal skills; I've never been a so-called "people's person", but kids seems to grate more than other things.

This resonates with my long held belief that kids and family is not for me. I'm fast appraoching my 30's; and although I'm open to the idea of committing to a single person, the notion of an all inclusive family makes me think twice.

2. johan

johan Active Member

Just find someone who doesn't want kids. Plenty of people are opting for this nowadays.

Good friends of mine are doing just this. They don't really care for kids, they're quite well off and they like to live well, travel, etc. Kids...who needs em.

However, I will say that your OWN kids tend to be less grating than other people's kids. Well, to be more accurate, you're more forgiving of your own kids. They're just as bad but you make allowances for your own kids.

Other people's kids though...sheesh. Heave em outta the house if they can't behave properly. If you're in their house...then leave.

3. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I second this notion. Kids irritate the hell out of me! That and they spread disease with their snotty noses, and sticky hands. Blech.

4. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

hehe. I know 2 couples who are committed not to having any either.

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Well if you want to punch a kid you're the one with problems. Kids are not very good at reading other people's emotions. They really don't realize that they are pissing you off and they can't be taught to know either.

I love kids but I too would never want to raise one.

6. Specious

Specious New Member

That's paradoxical. If you love them, why wouldn't you want some of your own?

You're right about my emotions; I'm simply not versed in the art of expression. Kids will be kids and I understand that; proving perhaps the notion that some people aren't meant to have any. I was raised in a household where corporal punishment was a dished served, and served often.

In some sense, hearing about people not wanting kids seems like a selfish act to me; very much like how people are giving up on marriage more frequent than during their parent's generation. A generation of lazy, inept, self-indulgent ninnies. Look at the typical lifestyle of a late 20's early 30's crowd; if that's not proof positive, I don't know what is. Most of them are too carefree for their own good; most of them seem to party longer and marry much, much later. It's definitely an emerging trend.

7. Specious

Specious New Member

Good obersvations. I haven't written the idea of spreading my seeds entirely. The genes need to be perseved somehow. I, however, agree with your sentiment that we tend to forgive our own blood more than others.

What's alarming to me though is what you said about your friends opting not to have kids so they can live a more opulent lifestyle. That's just plain selfishness. I hope those aren't the only motivation to not have kids.

8. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I hate kids... too loud, dirty.. what I hate more are parents who can't keep fucking control of their kids.

I'm open to having like..1 maybe.. but not a fleet of them.. they're expensive, too and I really, really enjoy my freedom and time to sleep, travel, play poker etc.

9. johan

johan Active Member

Hey you like poker, Civic? We should play some hold'em.

10. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

It would be selfish for one partner in the relationship to deny the other to have children....but those I know who have chosen this route chose to make this decision together. It seems reasonable to me.

i.e., They don't like children. They don't want to bring up a child in today's society. They think it's selfish to add to the world's already overpopulated numbers. They want to enjoy life together. Pick and chose your poison.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well it all belongs to growing up, your youth years are the most terrible of your life. And only for the few select sunday children its vice versa. It also depends on the person , every kid is a different individual you know. Some are quiet some are busy, it's a (in my opinion) horrible task to bring up children , but i've heard from some people who had near death experiences, that angels consider bringing up children as a part of 'their' ideal of how the world should be.

12. tris

tris New Member

I like being a kid too much to comment in on this, but at some point, I'd like to be ABLE to raise a child or two. Maybe three, just cause it means more sex. :boink:
    However, there are some of us, like me, who are scared out of their minds about raising children --What if you screw it up? What if you can't provide? What if . . .?

I do agree that children, once able to conjugate verbs and make full coherent sentences, are a threat to national sanity. Babies/toddlers are my absolute favorite --SO easy to please, and incredibly needy. Needy = quicker happiness, especially in young children, with the cuteness of simple speech and minimal backtalk.

13. Hunter Michaels

Hunter Michaels The Real American Gigolo

Similar issues here, there is just no way for me to relate with kids. My father was much the same way, since he never spoke to me or my sister like children, he spoke to us like adults. Kinda funny, but he had little patience for the childish antics and games.

What doesnt help is my stepsister has three girls ranging in age from 2-5, they are a handful but for some reason like to spend time in my immediate vacinty when they visit. For a long time I thought I didn't want kids but the older I get the more I find I at least want to have one. I have no doubt my own child or children will be the center of my world. :)