MIL I let my guys go early today...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

me > * :dunno:

we were all sitting around doing nothing for hours, save for two guys. I made sure the two guys working wouldn't feel shafted, let everyone else go, and I stayed around with the other two till they finished their work.

2. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

go you! during a time of war you should give your guys as much leeway as you can.... if they're doing nothing and can go home and see their wives, why not let them... it's not like you're gonna be hanging around in the US forever

3. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

exact opposite in my shop (onboard ship)... we'll sit around for hours in homeport doing absolutly nothing on a friday afternoon. soon as 1600 rolls around something will just suddenly come out of nowhere and you'll have 15 of us rushing to fix one persons computer just so we can leave. my chief loves seeing us suffer >

4. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

yep... sounds like teh army too

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

6. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i've been sitting on my ass doing nothing all day

7. darnit

darnit New Member

I have the "wtf are we doing here" mentality.. I am a liberty hound.. But my boss got his peepee smacked and now we sit. Friday is our training day(training,meetings and PT), so yesterday, we had our leadershipmeeting and training done by 14:30. I said " hey, How about we got to PT now and and we cut the folks a lose from the gym at 15:30"
    Nope.. is the answer I got.
    Its hard to keep moral up when folks sit around , do nothing and the Officers come and go as they please.
    And it's not they are doing anything..and kinda hard to lie about it when you and others run into them at the commisary at 16:15 and there in the check out line with a full cart.
    I tell the troops.. "don't worry about the, wory about yourself".. but it gets harder everyday. I have so little faith left in the Officers .
    Glad i only got 2 years left til i can retire..

8. bacdo

bacdo New Member

I'm an FC and we get out later than deck department here. For those of you that don't know what an FC is, we are basically in charge of our own weapon systems, and some FCs are responsible for ordnance. We do our maintenance and leave, with the occasional deck preservation here and there. With this kind of mentality we could be leaving at an average of 1300 - 1400 daily. And yet we find ourselves here until 1600 or 1630 usually just sitting around for the LPO trying to find us some busy work, like chipping good paint just to reprime and paint it again:ugh: or cleaning shit that is already clean:ugh: this type of shit is nonsense...

9. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I LOVE LEAVE! lc

10. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

Most days we have all of our work done by noon. Sit around waiting/asking what else needs to get done TO GET US OUT ON TIME(not even early) and five minutes after we should have been sent home we get a final list for the day.

11. evan2

evan2 Guest

my old boss would have us flip for it but id always lose and get stuck at work
    so after the trend he just let me go every friday early for a month
    then we just had a rotation or if you had work you would swap

other then that he sucked as a boss....

12. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

We go home early pretty much everyday when there's no trucks for us to work on. There's always somebody on standby so if something major is fucked up he can come in and fix it.