GUN I left a comment on some phobe's blog and now i'm being compared to Timothy McVeigh.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HisXLNC, Nov 5, 2009.

1. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

2. 3x

3x New Member

so...many...words

3. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

My reply, in case it falls into the black hole of "reasoned discourse":

I'm one of the people you compared to Timothy McVeigh ("The government always takes, never gives.") I take issue with you comparing me to Timothy McVeigh.

1. I live in Oklahoma City and remember the Murrah Building bombing. And being in the 7th grade at the time, I remember it quite vividly. I remember on the ride home from school, seeing shattered windows and smelling the smoke in the air. I was quite happy when they finally executed McVeigh.

2. I am far from "Arian". In fact, i'm of a complexion that has no change of being mistaken as anything other than a black person.

3. I'm not a christian. I'm an atheist who has very little tolerance for theocracies of any kind.

4. I'm pro-choice, not "right to life".

5. I'm pro-gay marriage.

Stereotyping is very foolish. Not every person who disappointed with the direction this country is heading fits into your sophomoric stereotype. Some other things you got wrong:

1. No one is arming themselves "with some of the most sophisticated weapons ever used in actual combat" or "buying machine guns". The government put an end to that years ago with the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Hughes Amendment to the Firearms Owners "Protection" Act of 1986.

2. Governments don't grant rights. You have the right to free speech whether you have permission from the government or not. The same goes for the right to keep and bear arms. If you're truly of the notion that the government grants rights, then you also believe that governments can take rights away. That puts you in the camp with the Confederates, Segregationists, Al Quaeda, and the "Arians".

However, i'll give credit where it's due. You got one thing halfway right. I do believe the government is inept at managing anything including the military.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

bow down to the government motherfucker. You are worthless without it.

5. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Wow... I had never seen those quotes by McVeigh. Strange thing is that I think most of us would be in agreement with them, but I don't think I would send threatening letters to my congressman about it.

And for the record I despise what he did. I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Sill at that time. I just happened to be driving through OKC that morning and was on I-40 when it happened. My father-in-law was an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent and was in the Federal building the day before and was supposed to be there that day as well, but hadn't made it in yet.

6. johnson

johnson New Member

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

lol if its older than 30 seconds its a repost.

8. johnson

johnson New Member

It didn't have the date of the blog posts.

9. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

arguing on the internet

10. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I personally am bothered by the media's treatment of McVeigh. All the anti-gun people get worked up when pro-gunners bring up the right to defend oneself from the government and say shit like "well why don't you put your money where your mouth is and start killing congressmen and government workers!?"
    Yet when McVeigh did just that, he's branded as a sadistic nutjob who only wanted to kill people for his own personal pleasure. Not once did I ever hear a mainstream media source talk about his motive, and his belief that he was taking a stand against an overbearing government that has become too oppressive to fight with any means other than violence, all I ever heard was "HE WANTED TO KILL CHILDREN, THAT'S WHY HE BLEW UP A DAYCARE CENTER!"
    Whether or not you agree with using violence to fight your government is another issue, but McVeigh was not a sadist, he had a very well-intentioned motive.

11. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

should tell them you're an crossdressing african american with a penchant for awful music

that'll clear it right up

12. Crossett

Crossett New Member

The media likes to railroad people to satiate the public. Lot's of McVeigh's beliefs are inline with mine. He just took it way farther than I would ever be willing to, i'd just leave if it got to that point.