TAT i know nothing about piercings. questions.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 01000101, Oct 7, 2004.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

im considering getting my ears pierced, but i really dont know much about it.

how much does it cost?
    should i go to like claires or a real place?
    what happens if it pulls out?
    how long does it take to heal?
    will it close if i leave the ring out?
    will there be any way to tell that i had one that healed?
    does it leave scar tissue of some sort?

i dont really want to stretch it, ill leave it like 14g prolly.

do stretches heal? or are people with them always going to have big holes?

thanks!

2. red89gt

red89gt OT Supporter

Real piercers do a better job IMO as they use needles and not silly little guns. But they also charge more.

3. codeblue

codeblue Guest

If you go somewhere like wal-mart or claires you pay for the price of the earing(s).
    Depends. If you don't mind a lil nub/skin mound on the back of your ear by the exit of the earing then just go to a cheap place. But if you're going up to 14g then you might want to start out at a piercer so you don't have to gauge up the kind they use in claires and the like (18g or 20g I believe). It'd just be easier, and much less work in the long run.
    Do you mean if it get's ripped out?
    Both of my ear piercings (in the lobes) took about 4-6 weeks, really depends on the person. I think cartilage heals much slower though.
    Until it is completely healed, most holes will close if you leave the ring out for even short periods of time (also depends on the person), and some may even close up after tehy're completely healed if rings are left out long enough.
    There will be no irritation of the area, and you could touch it freely and move the Jewerly around without discomfort. There would also be no crust or puss type things around the jewerly. Would look just like normal skin.
    The gun's leave scar tissue, but I don't think the needles leave scars (could be wrong though, never had needle ear peircings)

Hope that helped you some :)

4. Special

Special I have nipples, can you milk me?

don't get pierced by a gun. get it done professionally. you will hear this from at least 50 other OTers when they see this thread.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

not true. i have friends who had 0g or larger and their ears are back down to 14g now. everyones body reacts differently and some close-up better than others.

6. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

The guns aren't sterile and you risk infection with lovely hep etc. I think that its a good thing that you're asking questions because Im sure that most people just go ahead and do what everyone else does without thinking it through.