I know its crappy but....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kix, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

I am just lookin for a super cheap mobo that has AGP, SDRAM, and a few pci slots, and this one seems to have all i want but its gotta at least for for a while. so does this look ok, or should i just go up and get a better one.

My goal in the end is between the mobo and processor and shipping to not break 100, im super poor at this moment but this old 400 doesnt do it anymore.

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

how many is a few pci slots?

are u looking for all in one? (minus video?)

3. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

I wouldnt even bother to spend the $100 if you're not gonna get new RAM... your old RAM will have about 1% chance of working with your new mobo as well... :hs:

4. Kix

k, so what you think about just goin all out and getting a new processor and a nice mobo, and then 512 of new ddr ram. i want to keep my existing Radeon 7500 agp card, and ive got a sound card to, but i just need to keep this as cheap as possible, so for a new processor, 2 ghz and up, and fair mobo what are my best options?

5. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with AMD. I'd recommend an Abit NF7-s and either an XP1800 or Barton 2500 CPU with 2x256MB Buffalo RAM (or Kingmax :hs: ... that's what I have and it's decent and cheap) ... just use newegg.com .. you can overclock either of those processors really well. Even though they're multiplier locked, my NF7-s lets me change multiplier.. ;)

Now whether or not you like those parts recommendations, anybody who knows anything will tell you to spend the money for a nice motherboard. In this case the NF7-s is only $100. Don't cheap out on a motherboard and get a nice processor.. you can always OC your CPU for free, but it costs money to replace a shitty motherboard. And most times when you buy a shitty motherboard, you WILL end up replacing it.

6. Kix

k, so what processor should i go with, all im lookin for is like 1.5ghz, but i dont know the diff between durons, and athlon xp,mp, all that shiz, im not doin anything to intense.

7. freeskiwp

freeskiwp New Member

xp 1800+

8. Kix

whats the diff in cores? thorobread, palomino, all that? i dont get it.

9. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Thoroughbred is the one you want, it runs ALOT cooler, overclocks better, etc. I have an XP1800 Thoroughbred and it's running at 1725 Mhz right now (stock is 1533) and it has alot more headroom if I want to push it higher.

If all you're gonna do is surf the web, just get an XP1800 for $52 and a cheapo HSF for like $15 from newegg.com