I killed my PG Tantrum 1200.1!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chadds, Nov 2, 2004.

1. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

Hi, I have a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1, and I'm hoping to get some help with it!

The other day while driving, someone pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes, I heard my sub-box shift, and my bass died, but I didn't think a whole lot about it. I figured pulled a speaker wire and didn't get to excited.

Well...when I get home, I check and I did have a speaker wire pull out, but now...the amp doesn't work.

It is very possible that the + and - speaker wires were touching together for some time.

Any guesses on what could have happened to the amp? Anything I can check out inside the amp?

2. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

check the fuses. also check the connections of the speaker wire inside the box. touching speaker wires will not kill an amp

3. 04

04 Guest

Uh, touching the speaker wires can most certainly kill an amplifier :hsugh:

4. 04

04 Guest

Most amplifiers have some sort of protection, often fuses. Make sure that none of the fuses are blown.

5. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

Well, I have completely ruled out everything else. It's definately the amp. Now...I'm just hoping I can find a fix for it.

In my garage, I have a ghetto sub set-up. DC Power supply, HT receiver, JBL Car Amp, and 2 "12's in a box.

I just took my PG in there and hooked it up to that. Same scenario, amp powers up, but no output. I also now get a slight shock when I touch both speaker terminals on the amp. This can't be good :wtc:

6. prae

prae OT Supporter

call an abulance your amp is coding!

CLEAR