SRS I keep wishing for things to be the way they were in high school

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Marmitha, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

Enough said. I've been dwelling in the past for ages now, wishing things were the way they used to be... not only with my ex, but with my friendships and my own attitude at present. life just gets worse from here i assume... any ideas to get out of this rut? btw im 20 years old, so i guess its been about 3 years since i finished high school. :sadwavey:

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i didnt like high school-but i sure like my crazy days of car clubs, girls and the likes. And smoking. Loooord I still miss smoking. When they were over and i settled down, well, it just felt odd. Out of focus. Then i realized i was grieving! I was mourning the loss of my days of no responsibilities, party lifestyle, etc. Once i learned how to grieve, I learned how to "finish", so to speak.

3. danceswdevils

danceswdevils New Member

Sounds like it's time to start mapping out the future. Where do you want to be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? That time will pass either way, so you may as well go for it.

High school often seems like a dress rehearsal, waiting for your real life to begin. Then the real life looks a tad disappointing. So dream a little. Write it down. Somewhere on that list is one thing that really blows your skirt up, no matter how unlikely it sounds. That's the one that you need to start working toward. You may end up somewhere entirely different, but it will still be someplace exciting, interesting, and fulfilling to you.

Good luck!

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Can't change the future when living in the past.

5. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
    -Dr. Suess.

6. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Hanging onto high school will really mess with your adulthood the longer you do so. You need to accept that real life is nothing like school and deal with the rest of your life accordingly. There's lots of fun to be had out there now, you just have to accept that the playing field is bigger and therefore everyone is spread out more.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Cheers bro I reminisce like that all the time :hs:

8. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

:rofl: i need to follow my own advice given to others.. its scary when you re-read what you wrote

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You can't change the past , you can only try to make the best of the future. What you therefore need to realise is that there's nothing left in the past that's worth wasting energy on. So instead of letting yourself being haunted by the Ghost of the past, and walking like a zombie over graves of all that has been, you need to bury the past and invest your efforts on making a better tomorrow. Don't say 'it was good then', make sure you say 'it's good now too'.

10. shaysomething

shaysomething Hmmmmmmm.

High school is about finding yourself, and preparing for the future. Sure, it would be great to go back to those times, but trust me. HS is not worth it. You're 20, you're making your own decisions, and you're away from the drama.

Everything happens for a reason. You'd like things to go back to the way they were, but you can't escape from what's happening now. You just need to move forward.