COMIC I just watched Ninja Scroll for the first time.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Layne Staley, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I've been reading some of the reviews you guys have been making on "The best Anime Movies Ever!", and everyone includes Ninja Scroll, so I bought it off of Ebay. It has been hyped here as action packed, and hyper violent and so forth, so i decided that was right up my alley!

It came in yesterday, so i invited some friends over and told them how it was supposed to be awesome and hyperviolent and everything. There were a couple good parts at the beginning, like the stone guy who threw that sword-boomerang, and when he ripped that guys arms off......but then it became heavily soaked in talking and plot-building, and all my friends fell asleep while I sat there wondering why this movie was on some of your "Best Anime Ever" lists.

Maybe I'm just so used to seeing gross shit online all the time that this movie did not strike me as violent or anything.

2. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

Well.

The movie IS ten years old.......compared to what's out here NOW Ninja Scroll might be boring for some people.

But.....ten years ago Ninja Scroll was the king of the castle. I might pick up the 10th Anniversary DVD for the heck of it.

It's a good movie.

3. DougRob

DougRob New Member

its a good movie

4. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Well, i guess my next question would be....whats some good violent anime out there now? I heard Berserk is good, i'm gonna give that a try.

5. User_Unknown

User_Unknown Guest

Ninja Scroll is good for people just getting into anime and manga, but even for those who have been into it for a while, the classics are always good.

6. tom3

tom3 ...

you want violence and gore? ninja resurrection (note: actually NOT the sequel to ninja scroll)... the plot tho is a different story.

7. mitsubi

mitsubi OT Supporter

Legend of the Overfiend is violent ..but it's pretty old too.

8. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I just watched that.....too much tentacle rape for me :rofl:

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I was like moderatly into the Ninja Scroll, He was so fucking cool when that spear went right thru the bridge and thru his headwear, and he just kept on eating this apple or whatever. That boomerang was so cool, went thru all these people, and i remember that woman samurai visiting that clan head giving orders while he was screwing some babe. That was really weird, along with that whole reincarnation thing and the relationships that the evil boss had with his underlings, I didn't like that old guy with the whole scroll thingie saying ' hahaha everyting just went as i wrote it ' in the end, although that's ninja scroll it makes no sense to me. In terms of violence, its moderate , nothing compared to urotsukodoji (Legend of the overfield) shit flying over your screen 24/7 also i really loved the uncensored language usage in it.

Maby you just weren't in the right company , real anime fans love Ninja Scroll its as easy as that. But you shouldn't watch it more then maby 1 or 2 times or so. Its not really a durable move i think in terms of rewinding it. Heck i even rewind Naruto more then i did with Ninja scroll, but it belongs as one of the important bricks of the anime foundation, just like Fist of the North star, Akira, Amiga , Devil Man you know its just one of them old time favorites which we love to remember :dunno:

10. JR

JR New Member

:rofl:

old ass thread