SRS I just want to stop all the drug use

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TechMo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. TechMo

TechMo New Member

I've been doing drugs for about a year now. I've been smoking cigs for about 2 years. I can't seem to stop that. I've been smoking weed, taking ecstasy and doing cocaine for about a year now. I've tried to stop taking ecstasy, but ever since the first night I tried X. I can't seem to stop thinking about it. I always want it and want it. I love the feeling and the high it gives me. I take E just about every other weekend. sometimes every weekend. I feel so confused and lost. I really don't know what to do at this point. any advice would help.

2. bone_grizzle

bone_grizzle New Member

I used to have a problem with X. I really stopped using it once I nearly died from ODing in front of all of my friends. If they didn't take care of me that night, I certainly would have. To top it off, one of my friends wrecked his car in a ditch the following morning after all said and done. I knew I had a problem before this had occurred, but it forced me to put everything into perspective. Was X really worth the possible death of myself and ones I care about? Simply, no.

I've also smoked bud on the regular (nearly every day) for the past 3 years, but now, I've kept it down to once a week ever since the years started. I used to eat xanbars every weekend last year, but I haven't eaten once since last Thanksgiving.

I believe that in order to quit using drugs, one must find out why he/she is using them and then thinking about life in the long term-perspective. What is this shit going to do me? Where will I want to be in the next 10 years? Still on drugs or having a functional, successful life without them?

You'd have to ask yourself, "what do I want out of life? Are drugs going to help me get there?" If your answer is no, then give them up gradually and focus on your goals and find other alternatives for fun and relaxation. It is very hard to give it up, but if you have your sights constantly focused on achieving your goals and becoming a better "you," then all will fall into place . That's how I did it.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Quitting without having something else to substitute is exponentially more difficult. Do you have anything else to do with your time, or are you just staring at the wall wishing you could drop a tab?

4. io

io New Member

If you still think the high is AWESOME you'll still do it. The morning after you drop a couple E's isn't very fun, is it ? Feeling sketchy, sick, and covered in filth gets tiring and you eventually just lose your desire. From then on, as long as you stay away from the scene, it'll be easy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008