SRS I just want to be loved

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kerberos, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

If you read my previous threads http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1951172 , you know that I'm a guy with a fucked up past trying to be normal. As someone said in this thread, my situation is probably best summarized by "Social Phobia". I've made a lot of progress in this as before I could not even talk to anybody because of this fear. However, now I am desperate, I just want someone who cares about me, whether a best friend or a girlfriend I don't care. I used to have a very good friend last year, we would always hang out together and I felt great around her. I wasn't at all attracted to her, however it still felt as if she was sort of an emotional girlfriend. I mean everyone thought she was my girlfriend, we would always hang out together, we'd share our most intimate secrets etc. During all that time, however, she had a boyfriend. However, late last year, in December, she came to me, started to cry, hugged me and told me that it was going wrong with her boyfriend. Well actually she told me about that repeatedly before but this time it was different. She told me that she loved me, however, by the way she said it, it wasn't clear whether she meant friendship love or gf/bf love. Although she had always given me certain vibes that would suggest that she was attracted to me plus she seemed to hate it when I talked about other girls. I just stood there and said nothing, Anyways, on the following week, I left for another city for 4 months on a workterm. When I got back, however, she was with another guy and all of a sudden it was as if our relationship had totally changed. Before, whenever she looked at me she'd smile and her eyes would sparkle, etc but after that we went from best friends to friends that talk once a week. Anyways, it's after this that I started feeling extremely lonely as if a void had been made in my life. I know that things can never be the same again between her and me, so I am trying to find a new friend or girlfriend that would fill that void. Now the catch is that I am still a virgin, never had a girlfriend, wouldn't know how to approach a girl but I would love to have again this sort of relationship with a girl. My main problem is that I am extremely shy. How should I go about finding a girl that wants to get in a meaningful relationship with a shy guy?

2. tehexile

tehexile New Member

:werd: kinda sorta same thing happened to me... only she was cheating on her boyfriend... i didnt come back to find her with someone else, but she decided she didnt want me as a friend at ALL anymore, due to her boyfriend moving to the US from where he was living in another countey... *sigh* bitches aint nothin but hoes and tricks... i want a gf but i dont at the same time...

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You are always loved, well at least by me :wavey: , there are ways to get over your shyness. You have to care less about the consequenses of what you say , instead of thinking, start talking what you think. Don't reverse it or practise, just say what goes on in your mind, there's nothing to worry about, even in the worst case scenario you will live to see another day. If someone starts to talk to you, do you mind? No, so why should you? Its a great way to end your lonelyness if you talk then you connect.