i just want a second gen ipod touch...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by reya, Jun 16, 2008.

1. reya

reya New Member

is that too much to ask...

even just some specuation?

its like no one even talks about it

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

ipod touch was a pretty big flop.
    iphone ftw

4. littlewing

littlewing fly on

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

The touch is pretty much an afterthought by apple. The iPhone will always be their focus and the touch will get its sloppy seconds. That even goes for the app store and the apps being developed.

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

What would the 2nd gen iPod Touch have based on what the 3G iPhone will have? Better battery life is about all I could see. The scientific calculator? You'll get some of those things when the 2.0 firmware is released.

6. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

why would you need gps on the touch anyway if thats what youre getting at. theres really no point in hardware upgrades to drive prices up.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

You couldn't really have the GPS on the iPod Touch unless you downloaded maps to the device and stored them on it since you won't have 3G/Wifi access while moving around.

8. reya

reya New Member

i dont see why touch was such a flop...

i guess its because apple consumers are generally pretty stupid with their money to start with and dont mind paying the outrageous monthly fees associated with an iphone... but for a lot of us who dont need the iphone and its 200 page bills the touch is a nice alternative... you basically get everything except the phone...
    ive use mine basically as a laptop for my apt... i can browse and have music and apps and games and shit while doing whatever at my apt and just having it hooked up to my wifi and not worry about any fees

i just think the touch is underrated, it really is a pretty cool gadget to keep around the apt

gps would be nice because you could put it in your car, and have it connected to your stereo and then use it as gps

9. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I haven't seen any of these outrageous fees associated with the iPhone you speak of. The monthly talk time and data fees are pretty comparable to all other smart phones. The 200 page bill was a one time occurrence and no one I know has ever had any issues with that kinda stuff. I have electronic billing so my bill gets emailed to me and it's never been anything out of the ordinary. As I said before, I don't think you'll see GPS in the next iPod Touch. Your iPod Touch also lacks the camera and Bluetooth the iPhone has. Camera would be very useful as it would cut down on the number of devices you have to carry.

10. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

:werd:

except they need to maybe add a useful camera, bc the iphone camera sucks.

but i am used to my dslr :eek3:

11. littlewing

littlewing fly on

Hands down the best thing that the iphone has that the touch doesn't is external volume controls. I hated having to take my touch out of my pocket, turn it on, mess with the volume and then put it back in my pocket.

The touch is a flop because the iphone is Apple's main focus and always will be. Any features that happen to work on the touch, great, but I don't see them going out of their way to develop unique hardware/software for it.

I'm not sure what the "outrageous" fees are either.

12. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Very true. It's better then no camera but it's still a phone camera (aka sucks).

13. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i'd like the touch to drop more and more in price...because i want one

14. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Buy a new Mac and get one free. ;)