i just noticed there hasn't been a Wii update....

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by gui3, Mar 14, 2010.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

in forever.

when it first came out, they were adding channels all the time and it was kind of exciting. now, just silence.

i can imagine Reggie Fils-Amie being interviewed about this.

"well, we haven't put out any updates recently, and nobody is throwing their Wii consoles in the garbage. this means that Wii owners don't want updates."

2. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

They don't need to lure more people into buying a wii. The system has nothing to give and now that they have suckered so many people into buying it and have made so much money they don't need to convince anymore anymore

3. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Nintendo is a very shitty company.

4. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

last update was only to try and block piracy anyways. :rofl:

5. hellodon

hellodon

Yeah I was just going to say...seems like the updates are all about trying to stop the HUGE piracy problem they have going on.

Speaking of which - I guess its fairly simple these days to do...you can do it without a mod chip, and you can play games off of an external hard drive.

Wish we had a nice/easy to follow step by step guide for this like we had for PSP. Anyone pretty knowledgeable with that?

6. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

gbatemp.com

check their modding forums.

7. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

I followed this site for quite a bit of the mod process:

http://adewii.wordpress.com/

lots of easy to follow guides, just make sure you use an SD card that's at least 1GB. He uses uLoader exclusively though, so if you want to use a different one you'll have to check other sources. I'm using the latest uLoader and I'm pretty happy with it, internet updates and cover art downloads are pretty god damn nice. Waiting on WiiWare and VC stuff though, there's still a bug in that software.

8. hellodon

hellodon

I tried once, and got the home brew channel running but for some reason I was getting error messages when trying to follow the other steps and just never tried again. Deleted the home brew channel and said F it. Im wondering if my card had anything to do with it. I was using a micro SD card to load everything on there and then putting it in the standard SD card holder case. Would really like to get that up and running.

9. FunkyMunniez

wait...so you took the SD card out of the wii? you're supposed to leave it in there bro :rofl:

10. Phreakazoid

Phreakazoid Wallsticks, motherfucker

The only reason I say use something at least 1gb is because I was using a 512 card and BootMii was not playing well with it. Switched to a 1gb microSD card with an SD card adapter and it worked like a charm.

yeah, you need to leave the SD card in there the entire time, unless you want to screw around with getting uLoader running from the external HDD...and that is a whole different can of worms that I never even touched.

11. FunkyMunniez

i got a 2 gig sd card for mine. ive read that you can use any size now that they had time to play with the update that upgraded compatibility of sd cards with the wii but you can still run into issues. besides, for my purposes, 2 gigs a huge amount of space for just emulating old school games.

12. hellodon

hellodon

No i left it in, I just meant I was using a micro sd card loaded into the standard sd card adapter and not just a standard sd card. I forget what my errors were. I think I remember errors when it was trying to dump files from the homebrew channel but the channel seemed to load and work.

Then I was trying to run emulators...and they would load up but then when I went to access the games that I had on the SD card it seemed like it wouldnt access the card a second time? Like...it would launch the emulator but then when I had to have it access the card a second time to go to the directory of games I had, it was almost like it wouldnt see it. I would close the homebrew channel, take the card out, put it back in, launch the homebrew channel again and it would do the same thing. Launch the emulators fine but couldnt read the card again to find the games.

I tried a different one (i had another micro sd card) and had the same problems...So I'm not sure if it never installed the homebrew channel properly, or if it didnt like my sd card situation with the micro sd loaded into a standard card adapter