SRS I just need to let it out... I feel like a total jerk.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Steve Wozniak, Mar 30, 2005.

1. I'm currently in a very good, solid, open, loving relationship with a wonderful woman. We've been together for a good amount of time (won't say exactly due to this being posted under this account for anonymity.) Now see, the problem is that there's the most beautiful person I've ever seen at my workplace... My girlfriend is very attractive, but anyways this other girl is WOW... unbelievable. She's also very flirty with me... More than with other guys (which she isn't), and has made it quite clear she's attracted to me. She also has the funniest/cutest personality in a chick I've ever seen... And keeps saying that "we're the same" (Yes, we do seem to have quite a lot of matching character traits.)

I'm not going to list the pros and cons of each choice, these types of threads get posted too often. I just need someone to e-slap me in the face for even thinking about it (I haven't done anything that I could regret, but the thought of it makes me feel like I've violated trust.)

Please someone, slap me, and slap me good. Not only for making another one of these threads, but also because I know how much the grass ISN'T greener on the other side, even though it may sometimes seem like it.

2. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Seriously dude, get away from that girl. Just tell her that you can't do that to your current girlfriend. It's not fair to the person you have been with to dump her for some other girl.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think that with an attitude like that you don't even deserve a girl. Basically you are going to hurt your 'gf' BAD!!!, you already have made the decision in your mind that you want this girl and that you leave your poor gf behind :(.

I can only advice you to make her pain as less as possible :wtc:.

4. johan

johan Active Member

Let's face it, fidelity is a good thing, but sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.

If you cheat and spin both at the same time, well, that is not cool. But if you want to terminate your current relationship and pursue another one, there's nothing wrong with that.

Just end it with your current gf with DIGNITY and RESPECT. Don't two-time her. It's as simple as that.

Sometimes you really are better off with someone else, and you need to follow your heart instead of blindly staying with someone simply for the sake of "togetherness".

5. ChutUps

ChutUps New Member

:werd:

6. Keep your character - cheating sells the soul, decide whether you'll stay in your current relationship or end it with integrity. Once you start considering other women, that's a sure sign that it's time to evaluate your current relationship.

7. AO

AO New Member

As one grows older one sees temptation for what it is and ignores it. See the attraction for what it is and refuse to act upon it.

A bird in the hand is better than a better looking bird in the bush and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Life tends to be ironic - and if you leave your woman for this one, don't be surprised if your new one leaves you for another. Part of it is guilt, part of it is karma, most of it is human nature.

You don't think that your woman doesn't have the same attraction to other men? You're fooling yourself. She probably does but refuses to act on it. You have to do the same.

If your sex life is exemplary don't put it into jeopardy. Use the flames of your new found passion to fuel your own private passion between you and your lover. The old saying is true - "I don't care where he gets the hunger so long as he eats only at home".

Attraction between humans is natural. Just accept it and move on. Don't act on it. You've made the other person feel alive and wanted. Isn't that enough?

8. tigerlily

tigerlily Spoiled brat.

just be glad you realize how much your current gf means to you now, before you did something that could hurt your relationship. if you two click, why worry about what else is out there? as the others said here, you have done the right thing by realizing what could have happened. be very proud of yourself, many people dont have what it takes to stay faithful to one person.:)

9. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

perfectly put.

I've been in your shoes time and time again. Just have fun with the situation and just make sure it doesnt' get out of hand.

However, if you do have feelings with this girl then explore them but break it off with your GF now...

I know you probably don't want to do that, but I've learned that there are no 2nd chances...

10. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

I totally agree. Just sit down by yourself one day and decide whether or not you really want to be with this girl. If you decide that this other one is worth more to you then break it off with your girlfriend. It's not fair to anyone if you cheat on her.

11. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

imagine if your girl pulled that on you and started fooling around with another guy. it would break your heart. just end the current relationship if you think the new girl is worth it. just avoid cheating.