I just made a fucking BOWDOWN dinner

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Creator, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

From this thread:http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4304996

I made Tandoori Chicken and it just blew my cock off:

There are 23304823904823 ways to cook tandoori chicken, this is one of my favorites but this recipe is just a foundation for this dish; feel free to add, remove or change this however you like depending on your taste.

Ingredients:
    4 Chicken Breasts, bone in or boneless, skinless
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1/4 cup Tandoori Paste (you can adjust this for your palate)

2 cloves crushed garlic
    2tsp Lemon Juice (again, you can adjust this to your palate)
    Whatever amount of Cayenne pepper you like, more if you like spicy
    Salt and Pepper
    1tsp Grated ginger root

Take your chicken breasts and remove all of the fat. Then take a fork and poke some holes, then with a knife cut 3-4 slits across the chicken about 1/4" deep. These holes and slices will allow the marinade to get inside the chicken.

Mix all of the other ingredients and then place the chicken in the marinade. You will want this to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably over night.

To cook this, you can either use your oven, or your grill. If you are going to use your grill you can cook these using direct heat, as the marinade will help to keep it juicy. If you are going to use the oven, cook them at 400 degrees for roughly a half hour (don't quote me, cook them until they are done). If you are cooking bone in pieces of chicken they will take longer so be prepared. This recipe is mad delicious so I highly recommend you give it a try.

I then cooked 8oz bag of speared sweet potatoes with the following glaze:

1tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tbsp lime juice
    1 clove garlic
    1//4 tsp red pepper
    1/8tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tbsp spice brown mustard
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp salt

Mix that shit together, throw the potatoes in there mix it around. I then threw that in the same baking dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir it around a bit.

Once chicken is done, pan fry (a little olive oil) the sweet potatoes to crisp them up.

Shit was incredible.

2. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

I made the sauce and marinated overnight per the directions, which is something I'd normally not do, but I'm so glad I did. Shit was so juicy. And I made 4 breasts, so I made 2 tonight, one for din and one for lunch tomorrow. And I have 2 left for din tomorrow and lunch thursday.

Fuck yah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.