I just learned the entire 1st semester of CCNA in a day and 1/2....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SmAssher, Jan 27, 2003.

1. SmAssher

SmAssher Umm....Mooo?

my brain hurts :(

2. Mikel

Mikel .

You know what really hurts? Going for a 2nd CCIE...just sat the security qualification exam. :big grin:

[​IMG]

3. lemon_lime_koolaid

lemon_lime_koolaid We paid how much for this??

I passed my CCNA in a week. I took a crash course with a bunch of my instructors from DeVry. We had a week off between semesters and about 10-12 of us took this week long course. Went through an entires 700 page book. I passed the test on my second try.

I failed it Friday of that week. Studied all weekend and passed it the next Monday.

Mikel: SECOND CCIE?!?!?! Or second attempt at getting your CCIE??

4. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

I got mine here somewhen, I should scan in it in

I love the little credit card like business card they give you

5. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

The question is now that you have done it in a day and 1/2 can you remember everything that they taught you and actually use it in a real life situation.

6. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

:werd: I wonder the same thing.

Like the boot camp courses.. :rofl: What a waste. You don't learn crap.. you're basically given the test questions.

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

im on my 2nd time taking my ccna. my college wont recongize my hs ccna classes :/ oh well.... its a nice nap time, and boosts my gpa quite a bit!

8. Mikel

Mikel .

Second CCIE. :big grin:

I passed CCIE Routing & Switching in my first attempt.

And this isn't Mikel. :big grin:

9. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Our NAs were saying everyone should get a CCNA. :dunno: What's the material covering a CCNA?

10. Mikel

Mikel .

11. Toaster

Toaster Guest

CCNA is really not that difficult, but the level of difficulty grows exponentially after that.

12. Mikel

Mikel .

With a double-CCIE? No clue...haven't even thought about it really; I'm doing it more for the challenge than anything else. :big grin:

13. Toaster

Toaster Guest

All i know is that after my co-worker just got his CCIe for routing and switching, i am not as sure if i want to go throught with all of that. He did not receive the kind of money that we both thought was out there, in fact , he only got about $5K more than what he makes here. Three years ago, i heard stories about 250K minimum.

14. Mikel

Mikel .

Did he stay at the same company? Trick is to find a company who NEEDS CCIEs to retain partner status. :big grin: In any case, market's in the shitter in the US. My original goal was to head to the US, but the opportunities are much better in Canada right now.

From a money perspective, granted I won't be buying a supercar or planning trips around the world just yet, but I'm pretty comfortable. People who do it only for the money fall by the wayside down the road. Hell, I'd do this job for half the pay. More important is that I love working in my field and I'm not going to slow down until I'm one of the best. I wouldn't be doing this if it were easy. In terms of academic objectives, I'm aiming for a triple-CCIE by the end of 2004 and as for professional objectives, way way too much to post. :)

15. Playboy

Playboy Part time arrogant bastard

Balzz - just out curiousity but I'm assuming your 2nd CCIE was tough as shit. Unless you didnt' study which accounts for the 70% grade?

16. Mikel

Mikel .

The written exam covers everything and anything security related skewed towards Cisco. There's no syllabus for it - 76% is a pretty good score.

17. Toaster

Toaster Guest

Actually, nowadays there are not that many gold partners out there and not many that even want to be. I believe that AT&T used to be a gold partner but now they are not. the market in the states is ridiculous , barely any jobs to sustainthe workforce. Also, i work inthe NY/NJ market which was quite large two years ago but now pretty much in limbo.