i just had the shitiest experience ever

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by drewzilla, Feb 18, 2007.

1. drewzilla

drewzilla OT Supporter

after freshly installing a new blower i was driving to work, i hit a pothole and all of a sudden the car was stuck at WOT in second gear, so i'm tearing down this icey road feaking out. it only took my a second to react and put it in neuteral and turn the car off but still it scared the shit out of me. turns out there wasn't enough clearance for the throttle cable bracket to the hood, and when i hit the pothole it broke through the fiberglass and stuck inside. took me like 15 minutes just to get my hood open :(

i think the bracket is fine though, it slightly bent the CC line but i dont use CC ever and am taking the module out anyways

2. 1.8

1.8 Guest

That's up there with the time I floored it out of my garage and realized the brakes didn't work :rofl:

3. drewzilla

drewzilla OT Supporter

holy shit, neuteral and pray? lol i think i got it fixed now, i didnt bother making it look nice i just grabbed a hack saw and went to town cutting a good 7 inches out of the skeleton of the hood, took it for a quick spirited run and heard a little tapping so i think i may need to cut off a little more. it's a shame the underside of my hood looks like i found it in a junkyard now :wtc:

4. 1.8

1.8 Guest

:dunno: as long as it's working now.