GUN I just had a very depressing epifany

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, May 29, 2006.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I just had a very depressing epiphany

Im never going to own an MP5 unless I win the lottery. :wtc:

I hate our government.

I just priced them $14,100 was the cheapest I was able to find.

I am pretty sure they are only going to get more expensive.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:hug: There are a lot of guns that I feel that way about. I wish I was a billionaire :wtc:

3. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

epifany?

something tells me you're blue collar...

...hence why you won't be able to own one without giving up a lot of other things.

4. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Epiphany - A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization

I suppose you could consider me blue collar although I think no collar is more accurate.

Ill have one someday, someone just needs to die first. As fucked up as that is its either that or the lottery because I am incapable of budgeting as long as it would take for me to have 15K disposable money.

5. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I think he was making fun of the fact that you spelled it wrong. ;)

6. Accord

Accord New Member

You can buy MP5 knockoffs for like 2 grand.

7. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

You mean HK94 knockoffs in semi-auto.

8. Aviator

Aviator Banned

I don't get it. It's just a 9mm sub-machine gun, that lots of government agencies use, right? What's so great about it? Why would they make it so expensive? Can't see any reason why it would be more expensive than an AR-15. :dunno:

9. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Because they don't want people to own them.

10. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

It IS just a regular 9mm sub-gun, but because the government uses it and special forces, swat etc, it gets a fanboi following :mamoru:

11. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Demand > Supply

12. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Oh for the govt and other agencies they're relatively cheap. Price a dealer only gun to a civilian transfer gun.

But like said above, supply and demand. 1986 was the last year for anything "new" to be on the books and to be transferrable person to person. So 20yrs later demand is high, there aren't a lot to be had etc etc.

As for wanting to own an MP-5, I'll pass. Their ok shooting, but I don't really enjoy them that much.

13. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Ok guys...but lets take the AR-15 variants which are just civilian versions of the M-4/M-16 that the military and police forces use as well. So what is different about the MP5?

Also, how can the US government effect the price THAT much? I mean 14,000?!?! :wtf:

14. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Ok, a real M-16a1/a2 or a auto sear AR-15 etc will cost you in the upper teens to well in the 20k.

And the US govt doesnt directly effect the price (minus the Firearms acts). Supply and Demand does. There are only so many registered MP-5s for civilian private purchase. The govt has an infinite number they can purchase and buy factory direct, same with M4s etc etc.

We as civilians can't call up Colt and just buy a new M-4.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  15. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Well, full auto is illegal to buy anyway, right? So who would want to buy a REAL M-16 when you can just buy an AR? Aren't there semi-auto MP5 variants?

16. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

There are, but in order to have it exactly the same except just semi-auto it would be considered a sbr.

17. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Depending on your state if full auto are illegal. Here in Texas we're a full auto/Class 3 friendly state. As long as it's Pre-1986, registered, and you go through the proper paperwork and pay the tax. Any law abiding citizen can own one.

One may want to buy a machine gun for investment purposes, enjoyment, etc etc. I plan on buying a few because I'm a history buff and have friends with MGs and would like to add them to my small arms collection. Plus like I said they're a good investment and a lot of fun.

Yes one could buy an M-1A (semi M-14), AR-15, etc etc, and have essentially the same thing minus different fire options. And yes there are guns that were MGs or designed as MGs at first, but made semi auto only. Such as the Auto Ordnance Thompsons, Valkyrie Grease Gun, Auto Ordnance BARs 1917s etc. They're a good solution for someone who can't afford a "real" machine gun variant, but theres some MGs that were meant to stay MGs and that's that.

Is it worth it? To each their own.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  18. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

We're talking full auto prices for civilians, many states do allow FA to be owned in compliance with federal law. The govt affects the price by not allowing any full autos made after 1986 to be transfered amongst the commoners. So while govt can buy a brand new 2006 made full auto for MSRP, Joe Blow has to find one made before 1986. Supply and demand drives the market prices sky high. As such, if you have the coin to drop, a $10k gun this year will likely be worth $12k in 2-4 years. Pretty good investment item.